Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rtwilliams: question for you in laundry forum

Posted by Co-Co (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 15:54

If you are still hanging around (you last clipping was earlier this year), I've started a thread in the laundry forum with some questions for your, thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: laundry forum thread

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rtwilliams: question for you in laundry forum

Glad you like it. Hope this helps.

photo laundry011.jpg

photo laundry001.jpg

1. We had the access panel cut high and my DH had no problem hooking up everything. We also did not use the stack kit that the W/D manufacturer sells. We simply put the dryer on top of the washer and now a year later have had no issues with movement at all.
For the dryer vent we installed the dryer vent during rough in up high enough to reach from the access panel a Dundas Jafine UD48 Space Saver Dryer Vent 90º Ducting because our laundry room was a tight space.

dryer vent and washer rough in photo woodstonekitchne051_zps183ed877.jpg

2. Counter run including the sink is 55 inches.

3. Very happy with the white/off white cabinets.

4. Yes I use the hanging rack, Very handy and recommend having one if you have the space.

5. I don't really have much in the drawers but love the way they look and someday I will get that space more organized.

6. The sink was a very long peninsula that came with the house. it is a integrated stainless steel sink and counter and I love it. We cut it to fit our laundry room space.

Picture of the sink when we bought the house.
 photo picture-uhbe14ac3732abbff5d629a5593c391423-psb77709cc673b585ee8649dde1bff7be.jpg

o
RE: rtwilliams: question for you in laundry forum

Awesome, glad I checked back! Thank you so much for the additional pictures and fulsome answers to all my questions. We will have almost the exact same setup (but reversed), but will have a luxurious extra 3" (!) for a whopping 58" counter run!
Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here