Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing white and ivory bedding?

Posted by ajc9 (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 12 at 15:44

Hello all!

With an ivory coverlet, are white sheets a good choice? Or, should I choose ivory? Maybe it doesn't matter...I just thought there would surely be some bedding gurus that could share their thoughts!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing white and ivory bedding?

I love white sheets with ivory, it makes a crisp contrast.

o

I think it's completely up to you. One of my favorite Ralph Lauren bedding collections, now discontinued, is called Hope Chest. The whole collection mixes cream and white in various shades and looks beautiful.

o

Thank you! Hmmm...I think I will order white. I've finally settled on Thomas lee sheets and an ivory restoration hardware cotton/linen coverlet. As far as the duvet cover...no idea yet. Not sure whether to find an awesome pattern or continue on with my clean/crisp look...this is tricky! I do have my eye on a cotton batiste cover from cuddledown....;)

o

I have an ivory matlasse coverlet and my white sheets look great with it.
Lynn

o

Thanks, Lynn;). I'm sold!

o

I think it will look great. To me that is the epitome of what is called "tone on tone".

o

I did this in my guest room and also used the Ralph Lauren Hope Chest duvet. I have used cream and white with black as my accent for the room.

New Bed

o

I just became a member...I'm loving it here...so helpful indeed! So..I have my sheets in white and will order the coverlet in ivory...now onto the duvet;).

Beautiful room, eg3d. I love how the lighting is different on each side of the bed!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here