Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Thank You, Gardenweb for Making the Site Mobile-User Friendly

User
9 years ago

The ubiquitous, obtrusive ad that was plaguing users on mobile devices is no longer popping up! GW moderator Tamara emailed me yesterday and today with specific questions about the ad's behavior and my iPad settings and it is now GONE!

Thank you, Gardenweb, for your quick response to user problems and for a very happy resolution of the problem. It's nice to know that the site owners actually care about our site experience.

Comments (24)

• bpath
    9 years ago

Thank you, Kwsl, for bringing it to the fore, and thank you Tamara!

• crl_
    9 years ago

Yay

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I didn't have the problem, but I appreciate the fact that GW responded and resolved it. I've never seen that on a Web site. Too often, a site's visitors are taken for granted and pleas are ignored.

• anitamo
    9 years ago

Kswl...Thank you for posting about it! Very annoying ad and glad it's gone, but even more happy that GW listens to its users!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Oh good!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Oh and can you please fix the typo in deasse? I think someone meant declasse. (accent aigu)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol, mtn it used to be spelled correctly, Then about a year ago it appeared as its current malapropism... Please don't ask them to change it, I get tickled every time I see it!

• gwtamara
    9 years ago

Mtndredux -- How funny because I JUST saw that! LOL Fixing it now.

Thanks!

• Lisa_H OK
    9 years ago

OH Thank you! It kept jamming up my kindle. I could sometimes find the X to kill it, but it was annoying.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Woot woot!!!!

Thank you both :)

• seww
    9 years ago

Thank you!
    So good to know that GW listens!
    Sue

• amck2
    9 years ago

Thank you, Tamara & GW!

• melsouth
    9 years ago

Hooray!!

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Thanks for your responsiveness, Tamara & GW.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

You made my day (crazy I know!)thanks

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Oh darn, I thought deasse was our secret password.

• jadie88
    9 years ago

Power to the people! :)

• badgergal
    9 years ago

Add my thanks to both GW/Tamara and Kswl. I always used my ipad because I didn't get pop up ads and pages loaded faster so I really wondered what was going on with that Moen ad. Until Kswl complained I assumed it was because I had done some searches for Moen faucets. It was very annoying the way it took over the page and wouldn't let you easily close the ad.
    It was so nice to find it gone today.
    Thanks again.

• daki
    9 years ago

Yay! I no longer have to reload over and over on my iPad. Thank you! I was getting very tired of reloading over and over again in hopes of seeing a Bounty ad :/

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Tamara, Thanks for fixing the typo.

KSWL, sorry!

• peony4
    9 years ago

Thanks, Kswl and Tamara.

While we're at it, what say we vote on a new quote to replace Magnaverde's? While solid words of wisdom, I do believe they've served their time.

Given the regular discussions about trends, "what's new," layered vs minimal, and so on, perhaps this one is appropriate:

"Be faithful to your own taste because nothing you really like is ever out of style." - Billy Baldwin

• deegw
    9 years ago

I have to admit that I will also miss the deasse.

• hhireno
    9 years ago

Thanks to kswl and GWTamara for the improved experience.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

I've e-mailed Tamara on a couple of things and when they were changing the format of GW a couple of years ago had a suggestion. Tamara et al are always so pleasantly quick to respond. It is definitely appreciated.