Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauracrawford28

What coordinates best with Kilim Beige?

lauracrawford28
9 years ago

I am currently building a new home. I am struggling with paint choices, as I am limited to 3. I am leaning towards Kilim Beige in my family room, which is partially open to my kitchen. I am looking at using Ivoire, Svelte Sage, or Sea Salt in my kitchen with my antique white cabinets with brown glaze, Napoli countertops and medium wood floors. Any suggestions on which colors might flow better with the Kilim Beige? I would love to see any pictures.

Comments (8)

• User
    9 years ago

Of the three you mention, the only one that I think will work is the Svelte Sage.

Kilim Beige is a warm neutral, so you want a warm-based color.

Ivoire is neural, but it's in the beige family so it might clash. Sea Salt is a cool color.

• imsmilng
    9 years ago

I have kilim beige in the great room (I love it!!!!). I thought about doing svelte sage in the master but finally settled on clary sage. The colors are not in the same room but I think they would go well together.

• fnmroberts
    9 years ago

I've used Kilim Beige in my LR, DR and Entry. An accent wall in the Entry/LR is Latte. At the mid-point of the stairway I changed to Divine White which then continues through the 2nd floor hallway and is also used for one bedroom. It's been this way for about 5 years and all colors were on the same card at that time.

Various rooms can be viewed from the link. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room Photos

• bbstx
    9 years ago

With Svelte Sage you need LOTS of light. I had it in my kitchen two houses ago and then in my living room in the last house. I loved it in the kitchen and hated it the living room. The kitchen had a west exposure. The LR had a northern exposure. It sucked every ounce of light out of the LR. Finally, in desperation, I had the LR painted cream. I didn't especially like it, but the Svelte Sage had to go!

• patricianat
    9 years ago

Grassland which is up from Svelte Sage has an LRV of 50 and Svelte of 42. Do you suppose your painter could ask for an addition of white to bring the LRV up a bit. That is very low at 42.

• User
    9 years ago

Congratulations on your new home! Unfortunately, there is really no way anyone can give you advice or information about how any two colors will look together in YOUR home. There are no shortcuts to choosing color, as your fenestration size and directional exposure, the height of your ceilings, and many other factors will come into play. A color can look a thousand different ways in a thousand different settings. Your best option is to buy some of each color and paint a section of walls in the rooms you're talking about. If the drywall is up, now is the time.

BBstx, good post.

• randita
    9 years ago

I have used colors on both the Kilim Beige, Ivoire, and Sea Salt strips. IMO, Kilim Beige and Ivoire would not flow. Neither would Kilim Beige and Sea Salt. Sea Salt looks better with creamy colors (actually Sea Salt and Ivoire would look nice together). I have Comfort Gray (one shade darker than Sea Salt) in a bedroom with a creamy yellow (not bright) bedspread and valance and I think the combo looks clean and crisp.

You might try Kilim Beige with a sage green like
    Liveable Green, SW 6176. Svelte Sage may be a bit too dark and too gray. A lot depends on your lighting, so it's always a good idea to get the sample bottles of Color-To-Go and try them on poster board.