|I am looking for this carved molding as found in Keri Russell's house, and also in a kitchen designed by Sheila Bridge's. I've emailed Sheila, no response yet. Anyone know where to find this?
|can't tell the pattern but it's called pierced wood molding. |
Search for it, many sources, multiple patterns.
|This is probably an original cornice detail in cast plaster. It is probably a combination of "run in place" and cast pieces. The linear part was probably run right on the ceiling and wall by building up wet plaster on the ceiling and running a wooden/metal form over the wet plaster on a guide or "sled" to shape it. Then the cast pieces would be added with wet dabs of plaster. |
There are people that can do this, particularly on the East coast, and there are two companies of the top of my head, Fischer and Jirouch and Felber that make ornamental plaster for architectural detailing.
I had some linear cornice duplicated and repaired where it was missing in one room in my apartment. (They now do it on a table, with reinforced plaster and a core of styrofoam to lighten it, and screw it into place and fill the holes.
It is EXTREMELY expensive to get complex things done, even my simple cornice was expensive, and I costs by the Linear Inch. Literally, not by the foot, by the inch. I would plan in the five figures per ceiling.
Not exact, of course, but in a similar vein.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.