Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coverlet quality?

Posted by ajc9 (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 15:01

Hello! I'm debating between these two coverlets. Which one do you feel is better? One is made in Portugal, the other in India...

http://www.garnethill.com/eileen-fisher-rippled-cotton-coverlet/bedding-home/eileen-fisher-home/view-all-eileen-fisher-home/16730?listIndex=0

http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1730272&categoryId=cat1476019

The garnethill in oat and the restoration hardware in ivory. My bedroom walls are painted in Benjamin Moore sharkskin...a deep gray green blue...so im going for a neutral look. Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coverlet quality?

I don't know anything about the quality of the RH coverlet, but I recently got fabric swatches for that same Garnet Hill coverlet, and the fabric quality seems nice. The oat color is more of a tan than it looks on the web site-- definitely darker than ivory. The sea salt color is more the equivalent of ivory. Get fabric swatches to get a better idea of real color.

o

Sas95...funny...I sent for the swatches as well! I don't have them from RH though. I seriously can't make up my mind. I agree that the oat is more tan than the shown darker gold hue as it appears on their site. I was set on the sea salt but realized I might want more of a 'crisp' ivory vs the muted tone it is...if that makes sense.?..so that brought me to RH's site. I just want something timeless and good quality, you know?

Are u ordering one of the coverlets?

o

ajc9, I'm debating buying that coverlet, especially since it's on sale now. But I haven't fully figured out my bedding color scheme yet.

o

You sound like me...just can't figure out the look I'm going for...it's hard to imagine in my mind without having it all together at once. I think i have it figured out and then decide i like something else (i even like the white rippled coverlet!). We built last year and purchased a king sized bed that I have yet to 'outfit'. I can't even make up my mind on sheeting! I'll go with white or ivory at this point and build on it. Good luck!

o

You sound like me...just can't figure out the look I'm going for...it's hard to imagine in my mind without having it all together at once. I think i have it figured out and then decide i like something else (i even like the white rippled coverlet!). We built last year and purchased a king sized bed that I have yet to 'outfit'. I can't even make up my mind on sheeting! I'll go with white or ivory at this point and build on it. Good luck!

o

I would chose the Garnet Hill sea salt as the reviews are excellent and it has a softer look to it yet you can see the texture, thus more interest that the R.H. ones. I ended up getting Martha Stewart's coverlet and I love it but, I have to say, they are somewhat warm and heavy, heavier than I'd like but they look very nice.

o

Yayagal...I hear you on the reviews...soooo helpful. And, how often do u see a 100% rating? Their customer service is also great..I've never ordered from RH..plus...their price point is higher in this case...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here