Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ajc9

Coverlet quality?

ajc9
11 years ago

Hello! I'm debating between these two coverlets. Which one do you feel is better? One is made in Portugal, the other in India...

http://www.garnethill.com/eileen-fisher-rippled-cotton-coverlet/bedding-home/eileen-fisher-home/view-all-eileen-fisher-home/16730?listIndex=0

http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1730272&categoryId=cat1476019

The garnethill in oat and the restoration hardware in ivory. My bedroom walls are painted in Benjamin Moore sharkskin...a deep gray green blue...so im going for a neutral look. Thank you!!

Comments (7)

• sas95
    11 years ago

I don't know anything about the quality of the RH coverlet, but I recently got fabric swatches for that same Garnet Hill coverlet, and the fabric quality seems nice. The oat color is more of a tan than it looks on the web site-- definitely darker than ivory. The sea salt color is more the equivalent of ivory. Get fabric swatches to get a better idea of real color.

• ajc9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sas95...funny...I sent for the swatches as well! I don't have them from RH though. I seriously can't make up my mind. I agree that the oat is more tan than the shown darker gold hue as it appears on their site. I was set on the sea salt but realized I might want more of a 'crisp' ivory vs the muted tone it is...if that makes sense.?..so that brought me to RH's site. I just want something timeless and good quality, you know?

Are u ordering one of the coverlets?

• sas95
    11 years ago

ajc9, I'm debating buying that coverlet, especially since it's on sale now. But I haven't fully figured out my bedding color scheme yet.

• ajc9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You sound like me...just can't figure out the look I'm going for...it's hard to imagine in my mind without having it all together at once. I think i have it figured out and then decide i like something else (i even like the white rippled coverlet!). We built last year and purchased a king sized bed that I have yet to 'outfit'. I can't even make up my mind on sheeting! I'll go with white or ivory at this point and build on it. Good luck!

• ajc9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You sound like me...just can't figure out the look I'm going for...it's hard to imagine in my mind without having it all together at once. I think i have it figured out and then decide i like something else (i even like the white rippled coverlet!). We built last year and purchased a king sized bed that I have yet to 'outfit'. I can't even make up my mind on sheeting! I'll go with white or ivory at this point and build on it. Good luck!

• yayagal
    11 years ago

I would chose the Garnet Hill sea salt as the reviews are excellent and it has a softer look to it yet you can see the texture, thus more interest that the R.H. ones. I ended up getting Martha Stewart's coverlet and I love it but, I have to say, they are somewhat warm and heavy, heavier than I'd like but they look very nice.

• ajc9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yayagal...I hear you on the reviews...soooo helpful. And, how often do u see a 100% rating? Their customer service is also great..I've never ordered from RH..plus...their price point is higher in this case...

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio