Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary9915_gw

Window Covering Suggestions Please?

mary9915
9 years ago

We are finishing up with our master bedroom makeover and I'm looking for ideas for window coverings. I've posted a picture of part of the room below. The doorway is a closet which will have a white painted 6 panel door on it.

Our style is modern but not stark. I describe it as modern cottage. In the other rooms I have TDBU cordless cellular shades. I'm thinking about using them again here with drapes to soften the look, but not sure if that's the right solution.

Also, if I do use cellular shades, do I want to use one or two per window?

Comments (9)

• mary9915
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's another pic of the room's hallway to give you a better sense of my style.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Cottage? cordless white wood-slat blinds, or plantation shutters.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

It's difficult to get a sense of style, with an empty room. If you go with shades, I would definitely do one per pair of windows, though :)

• mary9915
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Maybe this will help...a couple more house pics...

• mary9915
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kitchen...

• stolenidentity
    9 years ago

Do you need privacy cover on the windows? If not I would just put some whispy white sheer covers on them. If yes, then I would put the same thing that you have in your LR. That floor is fabulous btw!

• flymom65
    9 years ago

Gorgeous home! I love plantation shutters but looking at the rest of your house believe your style is a little more modern/contemporary. I like the idea of cellular shades and possibly curtains, depending on the style.

• mary9915
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We for sure need the privacy and some room darkening since it gets afternoon sun.

I don't think I'm a wooden shutter sort of person.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

For a bedroom, I typically start with the bedding ... I find it easier to go from bedding to windows than vice versa...