|I was so anxious to get out electricity turned on in our build to see the dark powder room paint finally! BM Knoxville Gray on the walls with one of BM's Metallic paints on the ceiling, Liquid Mercury PT-350. The lights were turned on yesterday morning. I went by the house, flipped on that light and saw a dark ceiling that looks to be the same eggshell finish as the walls. It seems strange since the bathroom is lit by a four-light chandelier near the ceiling that should be reflecting off the finish. This paint turned out be pricier than I thought. I would have just used a wallpaper had I known about the price and this mess. Has anyone used a metallic paint? Why would this happen?|
|Did you try a sample of it on a board before you painted? Who purchased the paint you or your contractor? Did it look like it should reflect like metal. If so then I'd guess either the painters didn't stir it properly or they used the wrong paint. Before you get too upset at anyone go look at the can and see if what was bought was what you asked for.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here