Wed, May 16, 12 at 13:17
|When we first renovated our beach cottage, I wanted this "pretty and serene" look in the master bedroom, and I used a solid light blue quilt with the blue Matine (toile) bedskirt from Pottery Barn. Nice, but it just hasn't been thrilling me. I had the Company C quilt at home, so I brought that down to the beach house and I'm much happier. But I need a new bedskirt, would prefer to get something other than plain white, so am wondering if you all have seen anything interesting that would work with this quilt? Maybe a ticking stripe in aqua/white? Probably unlikely... Anything else, though? I also need pillow shams/cases but hoping I might stumble upon something at Home Goods or Marshalls. The backdrop is pretty neutral. Furniture is painted white and the walls are Edgecomb Gray with Healing Aloe ceilings.
|When I think of ticking stripes, my mind goes to Country Curtains. They didn't have your aqua but did have a nice green. They also have a white on white seersucker.|
Here is a link that might be useful: ticking
|francy, thanks! The only thing I don't like about the ticking stripe is that it's on a natural background, and the white in the quilt is definitely White. And my bed and nightstands are also white, so I think an off-white bedskirt is not going to work. |
The seersucker is kinda cute, though, as is the hemstitch white one.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.