|When we first renovated our beach cottage, I wanted this "pretty and serene" look in the master bedroom, and I used a solid light blue quilt with the blue Matine (toile) bedskirt from Pottery Barn. Nice, but it just hasn't been thrilling me. I had the Company C quilt at home, so I brought that down to the beach house and I'm much happier. But I need a new bedskirt, would prefer to get something other than plain white, so am wondering if you all have seen anything interesting that would work with this quilt? Maybe a ticking stripe in aqua/white? Probably unlikely... Anything else, though? I also need pillow shams/cases but hoping I might stumble upon something at Home Goods or Marshalls. The backdrop is pretty neutral. Furniture is painted white and the walls are Edgecomb Gray with Healing Aloe ceilings.
|When I think of ticking stripes, my mind goes to Country Curtains. They didn't have your aqua but did have a nice green. They also have a white on white seersucker.|
Here is a link that might be useful: ticking
|francy, thanks! The only thing I don't like about the ticking stripe is that it's on a natural background, and the white in the quilt is definitely White. And my bed and nightstands are also white, so I think an off-white bedskirt is not going to work. |
The seersucker is kinda cute, though, as is the hemstitch white one.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here