Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

We Have a Study with Green Gingham Carpet, One Step Closer.....

User
9 years ago

So I have been in Atlanta in super stressful meetings for the past two days and did not even go downstairs to see what had been accomplished during that time until today...Voila, green Karastan French Check carpet in DH's study! I am completely in love with this carpet. I realize it's not to everyone's taste, but since he refuses to have nice office furniture down there, I want something in the room to be happy and attractive. Surprise.... He actually likes it :-)

I was hoping they would have the shutters back on the windows, but no such luck.

and here is the leftover carpet unrolled on the brick. It isn't quite as big as the rug in the front room, which should be installed next week, but we'll be able to get the stair landing rug out of this piece with a bit extra. I am just so happy with the way it looks on the brick!!!

Comments (19)

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

I love it! Always been a check fan and I agree it's just happy looking! What caught me though was your comment

"he refuses to have nice office furniture"

Mine, too! Drives me crazy but then I try to let it go and remember it's his office, he gets to set it up in the way and with the pieces that work for him. But I still hate the way it looks ;-)

• patricianat
    9 years ago

It is very pretty and I am happy for you. I envy your flooring, all of it. Sorry DH is the same. Makes me want to close the door on...him and his office but I realize we were raised in different worlds, and that I knew that on marrying him. Argh.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol, Dlm and Patty, I know, what is it about some people? They appreciate the finished project but have to be pulled into the process kicking and screaming.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

Well, you said just exactly what I am thinking. My DH fights every thing I do and when I am finished, he loves having his family to show it off to. What gives? ! ?

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Did we marry quadruplets? My DH drives me crazy. Doesn't seem to care a whit. Then taking him to the furniture to sit on the sofa I chose to see if it was comfortable for him, he falls in love with a big, tufted chesterfield type sofa that was totally not what I had planned. Geesh!

I LOVE your Karastan gingham carpet. So much so that I looked at it in blue for my bedroom refresh. I like it but the blue is way too deep to work for me. I adore how your lovely green carpet looks. I am totally in awe of your gorgeous home and particularly the beautiful lower level redo.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

Looks great, I love it !!

• zen4d
    9 years ago

Love that brick floor and with the carpet, very nice.

• loribee
    9 years ago

Love it!

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

May I please come live in your basement or would you please come and live with me and make all the right design decisions for me?!! Love the check:)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol, old bat! I can't claim credit for a lot of the design choices but I do own the checked carpet! I have loved patterned carpet ever since I saw my first example of Stark carpet in person. I've been hooked ever since!

Editing to clarify I don't have any fabulous Stark carpeting, it's just the first brand of patterned carpet I ever saw. :-)

This post was edited by kswl on Mon, May 12, 14 at 9:45

• three3apples
    9 years ago

Funny you posted this.....I am intending to get a sample of this in the same color for our keeping room. :)

• mlweaving_Marji
    9 years ago

KSWL it looks great!
    I too fell in love with patterned carpet back when Stark made that green trellis on black back in the 80's. One of my all-time favorite carpets. I love your gingham, although I wouldn't have anywhere to use it in this house.
    Don't you sometimes wish for multiple houses just to be able to use different decorating themes?

Hope all went well in Atlanta.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks ML, everything went as well as It possibly could have, and then some. We have edged out in front in a contract dispute, but for all that I would rather eat raw eyeballs than sit in on days of depositions and/or be deposed. I get that it's a living for a lot of people and that some don't mind it, but it is actual torture for me. DHs downstairs room (that looks like a new preschool classroom without furniture, I know) is just what I needed to see yesterday morning. A task accomplished, project moving ahead, one step closer to getting these guys OUT of my house. Apparently the carpet installer had never worked with a large pattern carpet before (surprise) and made sure we knew it took him 7 hours to lay. I am not overly sympathetic since HE is the one who ordered the carpet and obviously knew the plaid squares would have to align exactly with the baseboards.

You have mentioned one of my all time favorite Stark carpets, the green on black trellis, it was my 80's heartthrob carpet. There's another I saw in a photo spread of a house on Coranado Island, a medium blue background with tiny white stars featured in a red, white and blue room and I was amazed that patriotism and decor could blend so tastefully :-)

We had another home for a couple of decades and while we miss it, I do not miss the additional worry and upkeep. This place is about as much as I can take care of, even just overseeing, because of the land management issues we have.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

I really love that carpet and the whole room, kswl. I hear you on the husbands and their furniture! If left to DH, he would probably stick a big old metal desk with lots of drawers and filing cabinets in a man cave somewhere and to heck with what else is in there. Needless to say, we do not have any of that going on.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol, outsideplaying, I only have control over the room itself, not on what goes inside. Now that he has become used to the upstairs, he wants an auxiliary office up here, too. We have created a monster!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I think it's fabulous!

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

Ooooh, I like it a lot!
    Lynn

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Not good. I just went to look up Stark Carpets and am getting a little obsessed. Enablers!!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol, OB2B, that is exactly how it starts!