Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bebetokids

How should I paint this angled BR?

bebetokids
14 years ago

I am ready to paint in and work on my DDs' room (they are 7yo twins). I'm not sure how to paint the alcove with the window seat and the ceiling. Now the builder's paint carries one color on all the walls but I was wondering if I should paint the window seat area a different color. The main room will be pink (probably SW White Dogwood). Should I do the alcove in a green? If I paint the alcove a different color would you do the whole back wall or just the window seat area itself?

What about the cathedral ceiling with the flat white stripe? Paint the angles with the ceiling or as the room? Leave the white stripe as is or do something else? Gonna be an awful lot of pink!

And can anyone tell me the optimal size in photobucket for posting here? Everytime I get different sized pics for the preview and actual post and I can't tell what I'm doing!

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• brutuses
    14 years ago

Love the color as it is, but that's not what you wanted to know. LOL

I'd paint it as you have it now or carry the color all the way throughout the entire ceiling. Definitely paint the angle the same as the wall or else it will cut the wall height.

If you paint the alcove a different color, I would paint the entire alcove including the ceiling, but not the entire wall the alcove is on. Of course leaving the window seat white.

May I ask what color is on the walls now?

• annzgw
    14 years ago

IIWM.......I'd paint the major part of the room a pale green and the alcove pink. I would then paint the ceiling portion, starting where it joins the wall, with the same green paint cut 50%.

Really cute room!

• bebetokids
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks guys for the replies

brutuses- the color is SW Ivorie. I like it too but my little girls say it's gotta go. I little darker here than reality because the room gets pm sun and we are overcast today.

annz-I can paint either pink or green. The adjoining bath must then be the other color. This was the deal made with the girls (between them) cause one wanted pink and the other green!

So you would paint the straight wall one color and include the angles in the ceiling. I guess since the ceiling would just be a lighter version of the wall it wouldn't cut the wall height like brutuses suggested.

Anyone else-pink or green? or both?

• lindybarts
    14 years ago

We have similar ceilings in our house and I wish we had just painted the whole thing one color instead of stopping at the angle. It really does cut the wall height as Brutuses suggests. Are the comforters and window treatments staying? I'm thinking one color all over of a very pale pink. Just my .02

Here is my DD's room where we left the ceiling white....you are reminding me that I want to re-do this.

• buddyrose
    14 years ago

My two bedrooms are like this. I painted the whole room the same color except for window trim, baseboard trim and doors.

• brutuses
    14 years ago

lindy, what a fairy tale room. Just gorgeous.

buddyrose, yours look perfect with the entire room painted one color.

• amykath
    14 years ago

I would paint over where you currently have paint. I think it makes the room more complete. I would also paint the part above the window seat the wall color.

I love your room. Great cozy feel!
    Amy

• bebetokids
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the replies.

lindy your room is beautiful-a true princess.
    buddyrose I love the color you have-would you mind sharing?

I think I will just stick with one color in this room instead of breaking it up.

Thanks again!

• buddyrose
    14 years ago

BM Van Alen green. It's one of their Historical colors. Very soft green and easy on the eyes. Love it so much.

another BM color I fell in love with is their Palladian Blue. soft neutral green/blue; I was almost going to put in in the second bedroom but used the rest of the Van Alen because at the time I had it.

here's my dining room but it would look lovely in a bedroom. these colors are very soothing.

• karoloke
    14 years ago

buddyrose, is the color of your dining room also the Van Alen green or is it Palladian Blue? Love the colors of both of your rooms. I also love your daughters' rooms, bebetokids and lindybarts. They are both beautiful!