Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shutters

Posted by mfallis (My Page) on
Sun, May 5, 13 at 12:29

I posted my house a couple of weeks ago and asked for some suggestions for the "just for now" colors on my shutters and doors (will be doing a bigger exterior rehaul once I can replace the roof). I got some paint samples... what do you think? One caveat -- the green is a shade lighter than I intended to get (I wanted Valspar Filoli Yew). Going from left to right, the next color is a blackish-brown (Sherwin Williams Black Bean), then a blue (Sherwin Williams Outerspace), and lastly a plummish-brown (Sherwin Williams Plum Brown). Which do you like the best... or do you have an idea for a color that would work better?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shutters

Here's a picture of the front of the house, in case it helps.

o

Either of the two darker colors would work.

The light ones seem too insubstantial for the nice strong visual weight of your house.

o

I agree with Bronwynsmom.
I've looked back at your photos a few times, and I keep leaning toward the darker colors.

o

Another vote for darker....will you do the front door the same as whatever you select?

o

I was thinking a different color for the front door... if I go with the plum-brown on the shutters, someone on this forum suggested a dark teal for the door. If I go with the black-ish brown, I'm not sure what color I'd pick for the door.

o

Your brick looks so different in your two photos: one is neutral, one is orange. Which one is closer to the real brick color?

o

The top picture is more accurate...when you stand back farther, it does read more brown though. I described it as brown brick for a year... now that I've spent some time staring at it, I'd call it more of an orange tinged brown. My color blind husband still says it's brown. :-)

o

I like the plum brown.

o

The sun came out, so I snapped a new picture that shows the brick color more accurately.

o

I really like the paint colors that are on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here