Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheesharee

Wall mirror/paint caulking?

Sheeisback_GW
12 years ago

I'm getting ready to paint my bathroom and have a few questions.

We have a large frameless wall mirror with 4 of those clear screw/clips and those slide in holder things. 2 screw clips on each side and 2 holders on top and also bottom. I think the mirror should come down to paint because you'll see the white wall under the clear clips. Is it challenging to take down a large mirror like this without breaking it? DH would help me. If it were a large framed mirror I wouldn't be concerned to take it down but the flat mirror seems more awkward and fragile. I don't want to purchase a different mirror or more than one mirror for this room.

The mirror doesn't meet the top of the vanity. There's about a 6" or so gap between them. A few months back I tore out the old and replaced the caulking around the top of the vanity. I don't remember the brand but I bought the most expensive, paintable caulk for a bathroom I could find. Do you paint the caulking or leave it white? The caulked gap is large and noticeable. My vanity is white. I'm assuming I shouldn't paint it so if I need to replace it again in the future I don't mess the wall paint up? I painted the caulking at the sink in my laundry room and it peeled off shortly after.

Thanks!

Comments (2)