|I love the red, white and blue and while I may not decorate w/ it I always feel happy and inspired when I see it. Especially when I see a place totally decked out for the upcoming patriotic holidays celebrating our fallen service members and the birth of our country.
I dream of the day when my front porch is rebuilt and off of stilts so that I can deck it out w/ flags, bunting and banners. Here are some of my inspiration pics:
Way out there but wonderful in it's individuality:
Classic hometown beauties:
And my all time favorite pic that I've had saved for yrs. first tabbed in a magazine and now online:
And our littlest friends:
|Those all look terrific! Very patriotic, and surprisingly, tastefully done--all of them (even, most surprisingly, the painted house!). Thanks for posting these! :-)|
|I love all these pics! The first house is so much fun. I wonder if they repainted it after the 4th. They really did an amazing job on it! I think it looks great and I would also love to have one of those porches. May have to decorate our bird house. |
Thanks for sharing.
|The first house belongs to a man who's neighbors complained as he left his flag hanging day and night so he complied and took it down and then painted the house that way. I read the story a while ago.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here