Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Which BM paint color is similar to SW Dover White?

juddgirl2
9 years ago

I have SW Antique White on the doors and trim throughout my house and love it, but think I should go a shade lighter for the kitchen cabinets and the trim in some bedrooms and bathrooms that get little natural light.

SW Dover White seems to be a great choice to coordinate with existing trim but brighten things up. However, I'd like to try BM paint for the kitchen cabinets instead of SW ProClassic.

Any suggestions for a BM color that's very close to SW Dover White? I've searched here and Google for ideas but so far no luck. I know I can get it color matched but I'd rather use one of BM's standard colors.

Comments (7)

• sundance510
    9 years ago

I don't 'speak' BM or SW... so if I was you, I would just carry the SW swatch to the BM store and explain you don't want to use color match. They should be able to help you track down the right BM color.

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, sundance. Unfortunately, I've already done that and my local BM store is not very good at making those kinds of suggestions. I'm just pointed in the general direction of the multitude of white color swatches on the wall :(

To me, the whites looks so different on the color cards than they do IRL and it's hard to tell just from looking at them. I am hoping someone here might have gone through this exercise with the Dover White already and have some suggestions. DH would be thankful if I don't have to add too many more sample cans to my collection in the garage!

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, mreen, I'll try that one. I actually went to another local store that sells BM today and the salesperson was more helpful. He checked in the computer and said Arcadia White showed as a close match to Dover White. It looked pretty yellow on the card though and of course I forgot to bring my SW color cards with me to compare.

I did get a sample of Mascarpone because it looked creamy enough to complement the antique white trim but hopefully not so yellow that it would make my mauve undertone granite counters look more pink.

I also got a sample of White Dove. I think it might be too light for my kitchen cabinets but it looked really nice against the antique white. It also had gray in it that should work with my slate floors and grayish tan counter. Maybe this is a white that works with both warm and cool colors?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Try BM Snow on the Mountain or Stoneware or Deep in Thought

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Annie - I will check out these colors also!

I'm also now thinking about SW Creamy or its BM equivalent. A tad less yellow than Dover White and I used this color on the ceilings throughout the house. Might be a bit too light though.

• HU-988151497
    last year

Hello

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living