Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peytonrose1015

Windows in master BR of new house..help!

ILoveRed
9 years ago

We are designing our new home. I like my sitting room in my present master bedroom so I asked the architect to do something similar.

The back is to the East. Behind the bed is South. The French door is North.

Right now I have to go through a nightly ritual of closing heavy drapes in 3 sitting room windows and French Doors to make the room dark.

With the new house I will have the same ritual as well as windows behind the night stands. I'm trying to talk husband into letting me eliminate those nightstand windows. (Thanks Pal!) He is resistant.

I'm also afraid it will be hard to darken the room. We really like a dark bedroom.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there any way that a rod can be used over the whole wall of windows on that East sitting Room which would allow you to close all of the drapery in one simple movement? Or is that impossible? Would it be too much fabric?

It's not too late too change the shape of the end of that sitting room and the windows if making those changes would make this possible....

2. What do you think about using a pocket door between the master bedroom and sitting room which could be closed at night instead of columns? Then I could use any window treatment I liked rather than room darkening. Just a thought.

Thanks.

I hope this post makes sense. If not, I will try to clarify.

Comments (9)