Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hanging doorway beads anyone?

Posted by joanie38 (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 11:25

I just repainted my son's room and he wants those hippie beads that you hang in the doorway. Just wondering if anyone has seen or purchased them recently. I've seen some online for about $35.00 and I'm wondering if that is about the best price out there. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hanging doorway beads anyone?

Aw, what a great mom you are! It is true, I guess, that everything comes back in style. I remember these from my teenage years-ha! That price sounds pretty good to me.

o

Check Amazon.com. There's a good selection there. (I love the patterned ones, especially the one with the palm tree design!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Beaded curtains on Amazon

o

I'll bet you could make your own fairly easily too. Might be a fun project for your son, if he were so inclined.

o

Yeah I remember having them as a kid in our club house. They were red and awesome! I like the patterned ones too. He found one online that he likes that has a big tye dye swirl on it. I would love to make one and I think he would do it with me. But I don't know how and certainly could not pull off a cool tye dye design. I just wondered if there were stores or sites out there that were good that I was not aware of.

o

Ha Ha. Look what I saw on my local CL today!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mardi gras Beads

o

Too funny!! I am now in the process of redoing our bedroom in an animal print theme (orange walls - love 'em)!! And am going to use these for our doorway - I got a dark beaded curtain at Pier 1 for only $20.

o

Like in newhomebuilder's link, my beaded curtain was made of Mardi Gras beads. I was a kid when I somehow crafted a bead curtain over a ranch house pocket door. Very tricky to open and close that door without a lot of racket and tangling, but I managed because it was so cool.

o

I too was going to mention Peir 1 or I just got a second set @ Bed Bath and Beyond.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here