Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look! Pretty exciting photo news...

Posted by maddielee (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 12 at 11:21

Check out what Garden Web is working on. Uploading photos without using a hosting site...

Hope its ok to share.

Here is a link that might be useful: From the GW Cooking forum

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look! Pretty exciting photo news...

Nice! And about time!

o

I wonder if the poster has any control over size of the pic and whether they can remove it at a later date? I know that once you upload a pic GW can do what they want with it.

My guess is removal is not possible once it's uploaded to GW based on the following:
"you grant iVillage a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, sublicense, assign, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content.

o

I sure hope that they continue to allow us to link to an independent site (not upload) so that our pics don't become their property.

o

If only we could edit our posts. Then, we could choose to remove the photo at our discretion. However, I love that GW is trying to make things easier because it is sort of a pain to have to upload pictures to a photo sharing site.

o

Nice for those who don't use a photo hosting site. I don't like the fact that the pictures are so small and you have to click on them to see a larger version. Also you have to reduce your photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here