Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittypawz

Your favorite rich gold or dark mustard paint color?

kittypawz
14 years ago

I am painting the sitting room area and am envisioning a dark mustard or rich gold color. The floors are hardwood, the trim is SW antique white, and the built in book shelving is dark wood. Thus far,furnishings consist of a baby grand piano, but will be adding drapery, area rug, and upholstered seating.

This is the formal sitting room that is immediately to your right when you walk in the front door.

Suggestions for dark golds and mustards would be helpful! Preferrable SW.

Thank you. :-)

Comments (11)

• nhb22
    14 years ago

Sorry, it's a BM color - Decatur Buff

I also like BM Stuart Gold, but don;t have it in my home. Started to put it in my study and wish i had.

• pattyk_64
    14 years ago

Here's a link to the favorite yellows/gold thread in the gallery section, there's a few in there that I think would qualify.

Here is a link that might be useful: favorite yellows & golds

• User
    14 years ago

my favorite is Warm Muffin by Behr which is what we have in our livingroom. When I chose that color it looked like a brown color on the swatch, but once it went on the walls I was surprised to see how gold it is. We did our trim in a soft creamy white and they look lovely together.

• ladyamity
    14 years ago

What you describe...Rich Gold or Dark Mustard, is exactly what my hubby wanted.

It's exactly what he came home with when he went out on his own to Ho-De looking for paint chips or "samples".

Came home with Two Gallons of Behr Medieval Gold Paint, in a Flat Finish.

I would have preferred something a little softer, a little more toned down and I would have preferred a Soft Satin Finish.

But since he rarely gives his opinion on my decorating choices and always lets me have free rein, I decided to live with it.

It has really grown on me and I don't mind it at all!
    In fact, I'm finding any color accessory I put in the bedroom, coordinates very well with the Medieval Gold.

Here are some pics taken while we were in the process of painting the room. Sorry I don't have updates and daughter has my camera today for a Vets' Memorial Ceremony.

Behr Medieval Gold Paint

Sun coming in bedroom windows.Only one coat had been done here.

One Coat

Pony Tail Color on Ceiling, Primer on wall/white, surrounded by the Medieval Gold/one coat.

• nanjean68
    14 years ago

My fav is BM (HC) Richmond Gold. I get lots of compliments.

• kittypawz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I LOVE the Decatur Buff! Thank you. :-)

• tammy518
    14 years ago

I love BM's Stuart's Gold.

• Circus Peanut
    14 years ago

SW Buckram Binding or Hubbard Squash

• queenofmycastle0221
    14 years ago

SW Empire Gold! Its rich!
    Alicia

• cooperbailey
    14 years ago

Autumn Acorn I think valspar or olympia color, it is in my kitchen and we really like it. It does look a lot like the ones on this thread LOL