Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

Finally hung smocked curtains...PICS!!!

nutmegxo
11 years ago

I finally was able to hang my smocked curtains this past weekend. Last month I had posted about these curtains (I wasn't sure if I should put one panel or two panels per window). Well I ordered 2 panels per window and they are finally up and I love them! Some on here had mentioned that they didn't like the blinds with these particular curtains, and while I do agree with that, I just have no choice...we had these blinds custom made for all windows in the house when we moved in less than 3 years ago and they are needed for privacy and light control. Most of the pics below I have the blinds completly raised up anyways...the last couple pics I show the blinds lowered.

I am very delighted with how this bedroom is coming along...still have not ordered the bedding yet and still need to find a console table for the wall opposite the bed to put the cable box on (large TV is wall mounted opposite the bed). So still not finished with this room but just wanted to show off some pics now that the curtains are up!

Walls are BM palladian blue and trim is BM linen white. Toile wallpaper behind the bed. Curtains are a teastain color in cotton organdy with smocking at the top. Thanks to everyone on here who helped me make decisions thus far!! xo

Comments (26)

• always1stepbehind
    11 years ago

Your panels look great. I love the look of smocked panels. Where did you order them from. I think originally the only place I had ever seen them was Pottery Barn, but I remember seeing some in another catalog like Country Curtains or one similar.

• daisychain01
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! I've never seen smocked drapes before. So pretty. They go very well with your room, which is magazine worthy btw.

I can see why some said the blinds weren't perfect with the drapes, but they're not bad by any means. If you had unlimited funds and the desire, I could see doing romans in the same fabric as the wallpaper, but IMHO the current blinds don't detract from the overall gorgeousity of the room. Well done!

• nutmegxo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thx! I really did lots of searches trying to find the right smocked curtains. I actually had purchased the ones that Country Curtains has but ended up returning them...they are pretty but I did not care for the voile fabric...they were just way too sheer for my liking. Pottery Barn does sell smocked curtains as well in white or a khaki color. I did not want pure white and when I called them to request a swatch of the khaki color, they did not have swatches available. I do think the khaki color would not have worked anyways. Pom Pom at Home also makes gorgeous smocked panels but they are over $200.00 per panel in fine linen (very high end). (I needed 6 panels!) The Pom Pom at Home colors are off-white and flax - the flax would not have worked, and the off-white was not creamy enough in color for me and with the huge price tag just NO WAY! I finally found these smocked curtains made by Chandler Bedding on a website called Bella Home Fashions. They did not have swatches either but I took my chances and ordered one panel with the intention of just returning it if I didn't like the color. I fell in love with the curtain when I received it and then ordered the remaining 5 panels that I needed. They were approx. $100.00 per panel. I really like how they are made...the smocking gradually blends seamlessly into the rest of the curtain (whereas the country curtains panels had a large seam between the smocking and the lower portion of the curtain). There is generous amounts of fabric in these panels...very billowy and full. The color was perfect as well!

• macybaby
    11 years ago

The room is coming along nicely - Love those drapes.

• amykath
    11 years ago

Wow!!! What talent you have. I love your room. Its so elegant and serene.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Wow, the curtains are just perfect for your room! Everything looks so great together!

• maddielee
    11 years ago

Very pretty. I don't dislike the blinds with them at all.

ML

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Yummy!!! You must just love walking in and looking at them, I would.

• User
    11 years ago

I've always wondered how those would look hung in a non display type setting and worried it would be hard to get it right, you did them justice! They look great!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Very nice. The room looks lovely.

if it were me, I would stitch the panels together at the top , just where the smocking is. That would close up the panels so they would cover the blinds completely when they were drawn up. I'd then get some tie backs or holdbacks to give the panels a graceful shape. I think it would go perfectly with you bed and the style of the room....

But either way, it's lovely.

• justgotabme
    11 years ago

What a lovely room mutmegxo. These panels hung as they are bring such a wonderfully feminine touch to the room. And I think even a room shared with a man should be feminine. So romantic. I wouldn't change a thing other than your new bedding. Do you know what you want?

• justgotabme
    11 years ago

Opps. So sorry I hit the "m" instead of the "n" in your name.

• ttodd
    11 years ago

It is all falling together quite lovely! Excellent decisions all around!

• SunnyCottage
    11 years ago

Absolutely lovely room! I adore your new curtains! They're so breezy and charming!

• anele_gw
    11 years ago

Very lovely! You must feel so relaxed in there!!!! Just beautiful!

• cindyandmocha
    11 years ago

That is so pretty and soothing. I could sleep very nicely in there. I love the blue and the smocked curtains are perfect. Even the rods complement them.

• vintagewine
    11 years ago

The smocked curtains really fit the style of the room.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

*sigh* Your room is just so very pretty now. I'll bet you just walk in there now and smile!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

*sigh* Your room is just so very pretty now. I'll bet you just walk in there now and smile!

• sis2two
    11 years ago

I just love your room! And that wallpaper looks so good in there. Great job.

• denali2007
    11 years ago

This is my all time favorite bedroom! Of course I also have a Palladian Blue room, so I am biased!

• nutmegxo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow!!!! Overwhelmed by the response here! Thank you all for your sweet words!! I was so confused when I set out to do this room several months ago. Lots of trial and error finally paid off. As much as I adore the curtains I have to say my favorite part if the room is the paint color!!!!!! It is just the perfect bedroom color, serene, calming, and even if the room was totally empty as ling as the walls are painted palladian blue I am happy!!

• cheri127
    11 years ago

It all looks really nice but the wallpaper is AWESOME! Love it!

• graywings123
    11 years ago

I love smocking and I love how the curtains soften the room. Nice job!

• User
    11 years ago

The color of the curtains looks lovely with the rods and finials and the wallpaper!

• Painted_Nest
    11 years ago

They truly complete the aesthetics of the room. I feel like Jane Eyre :) So pretty... !

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!