Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bugbite_gw

Impressed with new Ace Valspar colors and displays

bugbite
9 years ago

Ace/Valspar will be having a BOGO free sale on 5/17th &18th to introduce Optimus. (update: 2 free gallons Max.)
So I thought I better visit to see if they have decent colors or if I will have to color match my SW and BM colors. I was really impressed by their new colors and display. Hours and hours of designer work must have gone into the selections.
Anyway the BOGO free will be on their new $44 paint and the $33 paint. I can't get info from Valspar about the difference, but I kinda believe the $33 doesn't have UV protection. The $44 paint is supposed to compete with BM Aura, yea sure.
But I am not buying AURA at that ridiculous price and Valspar Optimus should be good enough, especially for $22.
Plus they have a weird guarantee. Don't like your color, they will give you another color for free within 2 years. Not sure of the details, but they are pushing that guarantee.
Think I will have a face off with Optimus and SW Superpaint (Superpaint sell price 40% off is about $32).
Bob

This post was edited by bugbite on Wed, May 14, 14 at 10:04

Comments (7)

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Let me know how it goes-- I have only been buying SW lately, but I always wait for 40% off sales, which is inconvenient at times.

I like the idea of the color guarantee. Unusual!

Thanks for this!

• bugbite
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Anele,
    Which SW brand do you like?
    Thanks,
    Bob

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Bug, I use SW also and use the Emerald line. My painter likes it and when I was at SW looking at color samples a professional painter came in to have more paint mixed for a job. He was using the Emerald line to paint kitchen cabinets and he was very pleased with the application. That is what made me decide to use that line.

• bugbite
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Holly-kay. Hope those cabinets turn out great. I used a SW paint on my cabinets, think it was Pro-classic. With their Top-of-the -line, Emerald, all should be wonderful.
    For walls Superpaint gets high ratings, that is why I will compare Optimus to it. See Link.
    Bob

Here is a link that might be useful: Superpaint

• bugbite
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Update: 2 free gallons max.

• Faron79
    9 years ago

At our ACE/Valspar paint dept., we've been getting ready for a while for this!

There's no limits on free gallons...BUT...PER TRANSACTION...the limit is 2 paid gallons + the 2 free gallons, for a total of 4 gallons...PER transaction.

So, if you shop waaayy up in Fargo, you can come in 10 times if you want, & repeat the same transaction 10 times!
    I hope we don't run out of paint!
    >>> Some stores may inevitably experience moderate delays though!!!!!

Faron

• lynn_r_ct
    9 years ago

If you are looking to take advantage of the "get it free if you don't like it" be sure to read all the fine print. Our ACE/Valspar guy told me that you have to document the room pre paint and after paint in great detail. He advised me that it is not a question of whether or not you like the color but whether or not the paint "failed" in any way, that being the only reason for a refund. I have not actually read the terms, but buyer beware.

That being said, thanks for the heads up on the B1/G1 sale. I will have to hop over there this weekend.