Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bumblebeezgw

Bun Feet, Yes or No

I have a tall buffet with bun feet I am considering removing. It would lower the height by 3.5 inches so I can put the lamps that I want on it.
However, I am wondering if those bun feet are rather passe anyway particularly with pine furniture.
These buns are quite bagel shaped too. Not pretty turned things.

I can't post a picture yet.

Comments (15)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

MO: Go for it. Not a fan of bun feet. Would it sit flat, though? That might be awkward. Maybe replace with another kind of foot?

• crl_
    9 years ago

Is the buffet an antique? I loooove bun feet. But if you don't and the piece isn't too valuable, then why not. Can you post a picture so we can see the proportions of the buffet?m that might change some answers one way or the other.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

No bun feet

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

I like the bun feet on my antique pine chest but if removing yours gives you the added height you need for lamps then you should do it. Can they be put back on easily if you change your mind?

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is an old picture that doesn't show the feet. the piece is neither antique or very nice, someday I hope to replace it.
    The feet can be easily removed.
    I won't have this much junk on there either, I sent these ebay lamps back.
    I'm going to go for it, just a little work.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

I'd remove them in a heartbeat.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

Remove them, but keep them :) I love bun feet.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

My question is whether or not it is real wood or the new international compressed sawdust? If real wood, I don't know.

• erinsean
    9 years ago

Go to one of the big box stores (Lowes, Home Depot) and look at furniture feet.....they have so many and so many heights. We took some crazy looking feet off of a chest we had and put pretty short carved wood ones....stained them to match the furniture and you would never know they had "crazy feet"). By doing that, your furniture will not be sitting directly on the floor and should be shorter and leveler. If you really do not want legs, get some of those metal round slider things that go on the bottom of chairs.....I think I would want something on the bottom of your pretty furniture.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They are real wood, it's not that aspect, it's the look that interests me. Soon enough I will have some posts about lamps with a lot of pictures.
    Good idea Grandmaof3! I will add heavy felt sliders so I can shift it around.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

The molding along the bottom can act as a grounder for the buffet and a connection between the furniture and the floor. Go for it. And besides, you will no longer have to clean under it if it's right on the floor.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, I have been cleaning dogfood from under that for 14 years, the dog bowls are right next to it. The messy dog left us on May 16, suddenly and heartbreakingly so, and it is time for a change, the timing is right.
    The dog bowls will still be there for my other senior.
    You might ask why I never did it before...oh don't know, never got a round to it. Not important.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

oh, I'm sorry about your furry friend.That kind of loss is hard.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

So sorry, Bbeez. I lost my precious little furry friend recently. I know the pain.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you both. No words for the pain.