Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rug Help

Posted by paigeag (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 9:56

Hi all, hoping for some rug advice. My family room is being painted SW Bagutte and we will have a chocolate brown leather sectional. Coffee table and TV credenza will be antiqued black (wood grain will show through). The trim in the room is oak. I feel like I need some color in there now! I thought a rug would be the perfect solution. Any suggestions? I'm toying with this one:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Area-Rugs/244/cat.html#product-detail

Any thoughts? How is Olefin? I do have two little ones and animals.

Thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rug Help

I tried your link but it takes you to the rugs main page. Can you post a pic?

o

Sorry about that!! I'm on my Phone so can't post a pic or at least don't know how :)

The item number is 13318895 if that helps at all.

o

We love olefin. It's about the only fiber I use now. We've had it for decades in our home and the only one we had trouble with was a light Berber which wasn't good. Olefin is color fast wont fade, can be cleaned with dilute bleach or mineral spirits and wont stain. It does crush though so it is best if a low level loop or a dense pile. We bought a new carpet for our library and our architect actually thought it was silk.

DH can destroy anything and he put his drop light down on the carpet and it melted it....it has a low melt point.

o

Yes I think we need durability. Any rug suggestions?

o

I love the idea of all the items you've chosen and I love the wall color. About the rug, I feel you should go with some color but not so prominent that it dominates the room. You may grow weary of that where, if you chose a quieter one, you can add your color in the accessories and the room will look more together. I attached a possibility as it suits the walls, wood and brown leather and pulls it all together. Then add your yummy colors in the pillows, throws, coffee table adornment etc. Just a suggestion.

Here is a link that might be useful: possible rug

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here