Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zen4d

Guestroom comforter chosen with all your help - thank you!

zen4d
9 years ago

I've decided on a comforter, which came about as a result of my interpretation of everyone's advice plus my own style thrown into the mix. You were all so helpful and I thought I would post pictures and share. What's left is:

1. Reupholster the chair. (I wanted to select comforter first.) The chair will be covered in the fabric that's resting on it.
  2. Maybe include that footstool in the picture.
  3. Roman shades to reach the curtain rod, done in that same white fabric (or I may consider a the blue of wall.)
  4. Still undecided about wall to left of bed, whether I want to create a symmetrical look or leave it alone. (need to take that thing down on wall but trying to remember my paint color)

This post was edited by zen4d on Sat, May 10, 14 at 22:35

Comments (18)

• zen4d
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's the opposite wall with chair. Thanks again for all your help.

This post was edited by zen4d on Sat, May 10, 14 at 22:35

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

OH, it looks fantastic! I love the simplicity of the duvet cover and the mixup with the shams.

The room is so inviting and comfortable looking. I'd be thrilled, if I were a guest, to walk into that room.

• zen4d
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tibbrix, thanks. Little inspiration from you there - on simplicity!!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Oh my, what a lovely room. Everything looks so lovely. Well done!

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

It looks great. I really love the comforter. Where did you find it?

• zen4d
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Holly Kay - Thank you! Could not have done it without GW support
    Mart8a - Overstock.com. I had ordered one Annie suggested initially but they were out of stock and sent wrong comforter. Then chose this one after deciding to marry light blue and gray to go with the steelblue in curtains.

Edited for followup: Mart8a, the multi-colored shams are from PB, as well as the front pillow with silver beading.

This post was edited by zen4d on Fri, May 9, 14 at 10:40

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Nice!

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

What a lovely, welcoming guest room! The comforter helps to keep the serene feeling going in there. LOVE that you have a good reading lamp, although if DH & I were staying there, we'd be fighting over which of us got that side of the bed as we both like to read in bed (LOL). You dresser is lovely and, I know, will be very appreciated with all those drawers! Big congrats, Zen!
    Lynn

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post your choices. I always like to see "the rest of the story" when I've been following a thread.

• zen4d
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Annie - thanks. You were so helpful, as usual.

Lynnie - Funny. We have a friend that we visit often in Annapolis and my DH and I always want the side of the bed with the lamp. Which raises questions about that side and symmetry. I just wnat to be done with this room but sometimes it never ends, does it?

• pokyhoky
    9 years ago

Very serene! Thanks for posting the "after"!

• amykath
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! I love it. It is perfect!!! Super serene and cozy!

• zen4d
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Fun2bhere - As you can see, I took almost all of your advice. My favorite - not every wall needs something. (I am now still debating whether I want another side table and matching lamp for symmetry.) Sort of prefer to use what I have, which... well, wouldn't look so great. But cost is something I like to keep in mind. We'll see.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

That looks really great. I love the bedding and colors you chose. If you do have 'couples' who frequently are guests, I would have a small table with a lamp (doesn't have to match IMO) on the other side of the bed. As long as the table is approx the same height I think it would be ok, even if the lamp is small. Just having a lamp would be a plus.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

It looks very nice. It is always nice that someone is pleased with their purchase. I would be pleased to find a guest room like that on a visit.

• zen4d
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just wanted to follow up with thanking everyone.

Hokypoky, Aktillery, I so appreciate your positive comments.
    Outsideplaying - thanks for telling me about the PB sale. There was a recording in the back of my mind all night about the symmetry or lack of there of. I'm going to try to find the matching lamp and have some reading light for my guests. Thank god I don't have snakes.
    Patricia 43 - Thanks for helping, too.

• autumncolor5
    9 years ago

Great looking room!

• sunfeather
    9 years ago

It sounds wonderful -- wish I could see it :-(