Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gracefullyaged

Sources for Swivel Chairs

gracefullyaged
9 years ago

This pair of chairs faces a small fireplace/TV viewing area in our kitchen. DH and I use them often; however, when we have guests they like to turn them around to face the kitchen (and the cook). I thought that a pair of swivel chairs might be a good solution, but am only finding ultra-modern or very traditional/grandmotherly styles.
Can anyone point me to a manufacturer with swivel chairs more along the lines of what I currently have?

Comments (13)

• sas95
    9 years ago

This one from Room and Board?

Or this?

• User
    9 years ago

Lee Industries has several styles of swivel chair. None exactly similar to your picture but one or two has a more relaxed profile.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Just got 2 of these swivel rockers from Lee. Super comfortable. A little bit more contemporary style.

• graywings123
    9 years ago

La-z-boy was my first thought.

Here is a link that might be useful: La-Z-Boy

• maddielee
    9 years ago

Most furniture manufacturers can add a swivel mechanism to a chair.

You can actual buy a mechanism (Amazon) and add it to your own chair it you are handy and the chair is skirted.

ML

Here is a link that might be useful: One type of swivel/rocker thing for chairs

• voila
    9 years ago

CR Laine has a large number of swivel chairs and a nice web site. The fabric used can determine the style, from modern to traditional as well.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Maine Cottage in Annapolis has several swivel chairs. I can vouch for their quality. Very well made. You can choose one of their fabrics or send your own. They will ship if you are not in the area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maine cottage

• gracefullyaged
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone! What a wonderful resource GW is! IâÂÂd never heard of CR Laine and it turns out there is a dealer in a small town very close to mine. They will be a great resource for pillows whether I find a swivel chair there or not!!
    Lee Industriesâ selection is near-overwhelming! IâÂÂve ordered fabric samples from them and, once received, will visit the closest retailer to, hopefully, sit in one; same city has a La-Z-Boy and HavertyâÂÂs nearby so will check them out as well.
    I actually found a seller on an old forum post (circa 2007) in High Point NC that sold Lee Industries products at a heavy discount, so will be giving them a call to compare prices. I have purchased accessories, but never furniture, from the local vendor and they are somewhat pricey. ItâÂÂs great to hear other forum members vouch for their comfort -- our current chairs are so comfortable that IâÂÂm hesitant to replace them... but hate to see guests struggle to unexpectedly lift and turn them around.
    I loved the Room and Board chair style, but not sure the fabric selection would work (have burlap-like slipcovers on breakfast room chairs and it might look like I am âÂÂtryingâ to match; BTW, slipcovers were purchased before burlap was cool-they only look like burlap since the trend started- before that, they were neutral slipcovers that matched nicely with the window treatments!).
    Unfortunately, my chairs arenâÂÂt skirted or I would definitely add my own swivel!
    @Marti8a--They are D R Kincaid chairs ordered through ID ~2010. I didnâÂÂt see them on their website, but maybe someone here with access âÂÂto the tradeâ can see if theyâÂÂre still carried? That was the first website I checked for swivel chairs since the price was very reasonable and we are more than happy with their comfort and the way theyâÂÂve held up (4 cats!).
    @cyn427--Thank you! DS is in the Army and lives in DC area. Taking a truckload to him and his new bride in July; looks like I may be bringing a truckload back from Maine Cottage -- beautiful!!
    Thank you again -- I so, so appreciate all of you!

• badgergal
    9 years ago

Bradington Young has several options for swivel chairs. I have their Marietta Chair. It is a swivel glider. Everyone that sits in the chairs love them. The website shows it in leather. They have fabric options or you can do customers own material (COM). I did COM on my chairs.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Mine is from Hickory Chair. This is the style (Suffolk) and mine is a rust red tweed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hickory Chair Suffolk Swivel

• just_imagine
    9 years ago

I have 2 swivel chairs from Ethan Allen and a matching ottoman. They are the most comfortable chairs! Whenever I sit in one I say I'm in my "happy place"!