Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with BM Revere Pewter....

Posted by nicole74 (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 9:44

I am currently painting my 2 story foyer Revere Pewter. My office & dining room are on either side of foyer. I am wondering what colors might go well with the revere pewter that I could paint both of these rooms. Does anyone have revere pewter in their home? Please post pics if you do! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with BM Revere Pewter....

First decide what tone you want, what feel you want. Do you want soft colors, a la Revere Pewter, or would you like to go deeper for some contrast?

o

Is this a completely blank slate? Do you have furniture in these rooms that you need to consider? How about the kitchen -- what colors are there?

I'd look at gray-blues like Gray Wisp or Blue Springs, or gray-greens like Tree Moss or Paris Rain, maybe?

o

I have Revere Pewter in my hall. The rooms you can see from there are yellow, orange, deep coral, tan, turquoise, and a deeper, similar shade of RP called Ozark Shadows (same pigments/different concentrations). It's a good transition color for a variety of tastes.

o

I have revere pewter in my family room and grant beige in the adjoining rooms. They go together very well. I actually prefer grant beige.

o

I have Revere Pewter on the woodwork in my pantry. I can look for a photo.

IMHO, it is a neutral and a chameleon. I see it as a slightly olive-y gray, but I have seen photos of it on here that look very different.

I don't think it could constrain you, unless you were thinking tropical brights or very pure colors. It seems a tad muddy to me, much like the Farrow and Ball palette.

o

My family room fireplace is painted Revere Pewter. The walls are BM La Paloma Gray.

o

It didn't work in my home and in my daughters it reads almost white in her skylit hallway and soft gray in the living room.

o

It looked like dirty old cement when I tested it in my house! I ended up using BM Grant Beige mentioned by another poster above.

o

chispa, I thought it looked like cement too when I tested it in my house. And my house has walls with the folds (very sublet, but they're there) from the plaster in them, so it really looked like cement! I went with Cape Hatteras Sand, which I LOVED, and still love in my two windowless bathrooms. But, I think I'm going to change the DR in the near future. Those are the three rooms where I've got the Cape Hatteras Sand.

o

Tibbrix, I test by buying quarts and painting large samples on the wall, so I get a pretty good idea of what the color will look like and Revere Pewter looked pretty bad in my room/light.

o

Thank you for all of the ideas everyone! I painted a large area on my foyer wall and it looked almost white/blue/gray at different times of the day. Not at all what I thought it would look like. Now I am considering BM Pashmina. Does anyone have this color in their home or have seen it in another home?

o

This is my inspiration pic from Houzz for BM Pashmina. I painted my DR this color.

o

I have Revere Pewter in my LR & hallway. By itself it can look like cement, but it is very nice next to white (lots of white trim, white doors, etc).

The inspiration pic for Pashima also uses white trim.

This post was edited by decordummy on Thu, May 8, 14 at 7:34

o

I have pashmina in my master and I absolutely love it!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here