Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicole74_gw

Help with BM Revere Pewter....

nicole74
9 years ago

I am currently painting my 2 story foyer Revere Pewter. My office & dining room are on either side of foyer. I am wondering what colors might go well with the revere pewter that I could paint both of these rooms. Does anyone have revere pewter in their home? Please post pics if you do! Thank you!

Comments (14)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

First decide what tone you want, what feel you want. Do you want soft colors, a la Revere Pewter, or would you like to go deeper for some contrast?

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Is this a completely blank slate? Do you have furniture in these rooms that you need to consider? How about the kitchen -- what colors are there?

I'd look at gray-blues like Gray Wisp or Blue Springs, or gray-greens like Tree Moss or Paris Rain, maybe?

• alex9179
    9 years ago

I have Revere Pewter in my hall. The rooms you can see from there are yellow, orange, deep coral, tan, turquoise, and a deeper, similar shade of RP called Ozark Shadows (same pigments/different concentrations). It's a good transition color for a variety of tastes.

• Snbtwins
    9 years ago

I have revere pewter in my family room and grant beige in the adjoining rooms. They go together very well. I actually prefer grant beige.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I have Revere Pewter on the woodwork in my pantry. I can look for a photo.

IMHO, it is a neutral and a chameleon. I see it as a slightly olive-y gray, but I have seen photos of it on here that look very different.

I don't think it could constrain you, unless you were thinking tropical brights or very pure colors. It seems a tad muddy to me, much like the Farrow and Ball palette.

• romy718
    9 years ago

My family room fireplace is painted Revere Pewter. The walls are BM La Paloma Gray.

• scanmike
    9 years ago

It didn't work in my home and in my daughters it reads almost white in her skylit hallway and soft gray in the living room.

• chispa
    9 years ago

It looked like dirty old cement when I tested it in my house! I ended up using BM Grant Beige mentioned by another poster above.

• chispa
    9 years ago

Tibbrix, I test by buying quarts and painting large samples on the wall, so I get a pretty good idea of what the color will look like and Revere Pewter looked pretty bad in my room/light.

• nicole74
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for all of the ideas everyone! I painted a large area on my foyer wall and it looked almost white/blue/gray at different times of the day. Not at all what I thought it would look like. Now I am considering BM Pashmina. Does anyone have this color in their home or have seen it in another home?

• romy718
    9 years ago

This is my inspiration pic from Houzz for BM Pashmina. I painted my DR this color.

• decordummy_gw
    9 years ago

I have Revere Pewter in my LR & hallway. By itself it can look like cement, but it is very nice next to white (lots of white trim, white doors, etc).

The inspiration pic for Pashima also uses white trim.

This post was edited by decordummy on Thu, May 8, 14 at 7:34

• Snbtwins
    9 years ago

I have pashmina in my master and I absolutely love it!!