Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

A Friday delivery

Holly- Kay
9 years ago

Yesterday was our annual MD weekend party and I was in the throes of last minute preps when DH comes in toting a large package for me. UPS must have delivered it Friday to his garages in the back of our home. As soon as I saw the sender I knew it was a lamp. I ordered two lamps and they told me it would be mid July until the next shipment arrived. Well there must have been one left in the warehouse and they shipped it out.

Of course all prep work was put aside as DH opened and unpacked the package for me. I was hoping that both lamps would be in the box but I have always received lamps packaged separately so I figured it was only one, and it was a single lamp. Of course I had to put it in place right away.

I love it. The lamp is very heavy. Because it's crystal, even though it is large, it seems less imposing. The light it gives off is better than my previous lamp and the House of Horrors lamp that was the place holder. I think because the top opening is so much smaller than the bottom it directs more light where I want it. I still think I may take the lamp to our local lighting store to see if I can find a square shade rather than the Empire style that it shipped with.

It would be amazing if I received the other one in a day or two but I suspect that this was the last one in their US warehouse. It will be an even tougher wait now that there is one in place.

Comments (8)

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

very nice !!!

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Very pretty! It always amazes me when people move like lightning on their decorating projects. You have gotten so much done so quickly, Holly, I would still be ordering the lamps. Cannot wait to see both lamps in their full glory!

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I'm glad it came early and glad you love it, but be very careful using it and save the packaging it came in "just in case". (I would worry about the July phone call that says, sorry we can't get another one...)

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Mitchdesj. How is your sweet little daughter? All your future Christmases will be so special!

Lol KSWL, This has been a seventeen year quick as lightning project. When we bought this home the bedroom had funky fleshy pink walls and an awful shade of darker pink carpet. I hated it but lived with it for many years as I was totally immersed in growing a business and didn't have time for the redecorating process. Then seven years ago due to an onslaught of scope creep the carpet was ripped out and replaced with a neutral beige and the walls were painted in beige so I could perk things up with various quilts and coverlets until I was ready for a full bore refresh.

I plan on having this carpet removed and the hardwood that I used in other areas of my home installed. I am also considering having the room repainted. The furniture remains but I always planned on matching mirrors and lamps once I started the refresh in earnest.

SJ, thank you for the suggestion re keeping the packaging. The lamps are Waterford and Lighting New York had already inquired about the ship date. They were incredibly helpful through out the process. I ordered them together to alleviate concern that the shades were from the same fabric lot so I truly expected both to ship at the same time once the July shipment arrived. DH is stowing the packaging just in case.

• ILoveRed
    9 years ago

That lamp is beautiful. Something you could actually give to one of your kids and pass down.

Well done.

• edeevee
    9 years ago

Oh wow, even prettier than I imagined it would be!

• bac717
    9 years ago

I love the lamp with the mirror!! They look great together. You must be very pleased.

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

I agree with you about looking for another shade. My Waterford lamp has a tapered square shade in a grey silk that's really quite stunning. While the shade it came with is attractive I think there are others that would be more interesting and complementary.