|Oakley, You show a spray painted table in front of another table with a brass-looking lamp on it. The lamp has a shade that is - maybe - crewel or painted. Can you tell me where to get shades like this? |
|Oh, that is a pretty lampshade! It's not your everyday shade, that's for sure. Here's a close-up of it and, to my eye, looks like it has crewelwork on it. Oakley, did you do that?? |
|I checked eBay and found just a few, but the ones that are there are very pretty. There is a fairly new seller called 'crewelfabricworld' out of GA who has the ones I like, and the shipping is FREE. If they don't show a size you need, maybe email them to ask if they have others available? |
Pottery Barn used to have a pretty one, but it's out of stock.
Joann Fabric (and I'm sure other places) sell make your own lamp shades that have a sticky surface for you to mount paper or fabric to. That may be an option to get something really custom for your lamp.
Here is a link that might be useful: crewel lampshades
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here