|We bought home in FL that has some old/some new from recent remodel in kitchen. The problem is that the finished/styles are all a mish-mash. There are mixed metals--ORB/shiny nickle or chrome/brushed nickel or SS...
The kitchen cabinets are new/Shaker style/light cherry tone...with dark brown granite--maybe Baltic Brown. I thought they were absolute black until I saw them in person. There are two mini-pendants in ORB with yellow/gold glass globes over the cooktop island...
There is laminate flooring is sort of light wood/grey driftwood in master/bath area. Going to use white ceiling fan w/white fixture over the bed -- and white bedroom furniture--don't know about lamps
There is a wood laminate that is brown/reddish w/yellow tones in front living areas. Again going to have two white ceiling fans with white lights in there.
the second LA/den has a red brick fireplace wall with dark wood shelf/mantle and the reddish floor so that is visible from the kitchen area
We are planning to buy couches/chair in a toile yellow/tan print from Rooms to Go and have that seating in both living areas...some faux leather recliners in light taupe with dark wood legs in area in front of kitchen and a different type of chair--maybe natural rattan in th fireplace room.
use a white dining table and wicker or rattan chairs and have white tables in area in front of kitchen -- although I think we will have to use seagrass rugs to tone down the red in the flooring in the living/dining areas.
The guest bath is original and has white floor tile--that is staying for now.
Doing house in white ceilings/trim/pocket doors with Barbados Sand on walls in front living areas, including kitchen. Master bedroom in Khaki/Valspar...master bath in Arizona Heat/Kelly Moore...
I favor going with ORB finish in fixtures
My husband favors the brrushed SS/nickle/pewter finish to go with the SS vent hood/fridge and DW in kitchen...and use that in other rooms as we remodel...he thinks that would brighten the look of the house...
Have no luck posting photos here so can't help you with that--at least now--
I have looked at lot of on line lighting sites--
so am I making too big a deal about mixing the brown granite/brownish flooring/cherry cabs with a brush nickel finish????
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.