Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ks92

How do you search for a lookalike?

ks92
9 years ago

The group here is so talented...and I've been using google images and resembl with no luck...all I get is the same rug lol!

What other search engines do you use? Suggestions for key words? I'm looking for a 9x12 lookalike of the Pottery Barn Cecil neutral rug.

thank you

Comments (13)

• rdbrya2
    9 years ago

There are several websites I love that usually have very similar rugs to Pottery Barn type places.

Overstock.com
    HomeDecorators.com

Those are 2 of my reasonably priced favorites!

I got both of my Pottery Barn rugs off Ebay! Just search 'Pottery Barn Rug' or 'Pottery Barn Cecil' on eBay. I saved about $150...not a ton, but it helped.

Also, there is are Lookalike websites like this one:
    http://www.decorlookalikes.com/

They have a particular Pottery Barn Lookalike website but I can't seem to find it...will post back if I find it!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

It may be that there is not another company that sells that rug, if your image search comes up with only that rug.

Jackson2348 got very lucky in her search for a rug similar to one that she found at the Horchow site, in the link below, where she found one that looks like it at Overstock.

I've tried to find a similar item using the image search, and had the same results that you did; that it's only available by one vendor. I hope you can find one that's close enough! I checked eBay and they have it, but not in the size you need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Is this the same rug?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

eBay has a few of the PB Cecil rugs for sale, but none in 9X12. I'd contact a PB seller there and see if they can "shop" for one for you. I had a GREAT PB seller from eBay from whom I bought four PB lamps. Her eBay name is mykiddoscollegefund.

• ks92
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks everyone! off to overstock, home decorators and ebay. I love the seller name mykiddoscollegefund!!

• Jamie
    9 years ago

Here it is. I used search "arts crafts brown gray rug". There are lots of pretty ones. You might see one you like even better.

This one is a lot less, but I did not look at shipping price. If you get the mfgr name and stuff from the linked site, you can then search overstock to try to find it for even less. In my experience, though, overstock is priced about the same as rug sites on machine made rugs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rugsville

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

Jamies is AMAZING!!!!! I love the colors one you linked to, and have added a link to the neutral one the OP wanted below.

Shipping is FREE and the 9 x 12 is $527.22, and it's in stock!
    Compared to the $849.00 and a delivery surcharge of $25 on top of the shipping fee at PB.

I am bookmarking this site!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rugsville Arts and Crafts Neutral Wool 12119 Rug

• chloenkitty
    9 years ago

That is a gorgeous rug!

• chloenkitty
    9 years ago

How did you find it? I'm looking for this horchow rug but don't want to spend all the money!

• ks92
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh wow thanks jamies! Look what i found!

Here is a link that might be useful: I think this is it!

• ks92
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oops looks like I posted after my3dogs...I've ordered the rug -- can't beat that price! thanks to all

• daneyharvey
    9 years ago

my3dogs the rug you suggested its awesome!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

cloenkitty, your rug is called: Rizzy Home Volare Latte Rug. Google search that name and see what pops up. A number of online vendors sell the rug. If you want it, I'd order it soon. I went on Rizzy's website, and it looks like it has been discontinued.

Here is a link that might be useful: RugsHQ

• chloenkitty
    9 years ago

Thank you Beverly

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County