Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9268002

Target now has paint and wallpaper

User
9 years ago

Supposedly this is not in all stores, but I saw it in our weekly ad(starting Sunday May 18).
Just thought it was interesting. Awaiting the experts' opinions.
Anyone familiar with this?
I love me my Tarjay , and this seems like it might be a good one. (they seem to be going through an identity crisis of late but I think this at least relates to their good core)

Here is a link that might be useful: Devine Paint and Wallpaper

Comments (8)

• moonshadow
    9 years ago

I noticed that too and got kind of excited because back in the day here at GW several paint fans liked their Devine brand and I remember feeling bummed there were no close distributors in my area (it was very regional). I haven't been in the local Target store to check it out yet. Plus the way paint brands are bought/sold/changed it might be different than the old Devine, but I'd still try a sample!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well I guess that was before my Target time because I am a big fan of Target but I have no recall of them carrying paints. ( I am in NJ and we have only had target for about 10 years I think?15? don't know).
    It made sense to me that they should have paint and such with all their great home items.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Just checked..I'm in Maryland and they have it in tomorrow's ad. The wallpaper is peel and stick. I got rid of the last of my wallpaper a few years ago and vowed never go use it again...but peel and stick might be fun to try. Wonder who makes the paint.

• TheRedHouse
    9 years ago

Devine is a Portland, OR paint company. The paint has been available here in Portland for some time. I've used it twice. The colors were rich and the paint thick, but overall, I really didn't like it. I didn't get very good coverage and it was streaky for me. It was quite a few years ago though, and I've since repainted those rooms.

• bpath
    9 years ago

Back in the 80s Target carried Glidden paint, very convenient and inexpensive for us dorm and first apartment kids.

• sundance510
    9 years ago

I happened to see this thread right before a trip to my local Target today (NC). They have it at my store too! The paint colors are obviously very limited and I didn't check if there were different finish options (satin, gloss etc). The wallpaper is really cute, but my husband would throw me out of the house if I tried to wallpaper. I will keep it in mind for small projects, though.

• terezosa / terriks
    9 years ago

I've used Devine paint in several rooms in my house and really like it.

• 4boys2
    9 years ago

Devine was exclusive to Oregon and Washington through Miller Paints.
    Valspar pulled the licensing agreement back .
    Now I guess it will be everywhere.