ajc9

Restoration hardware bedding?

ajc9
11 years ago

Any reviews on RH bedding?

Comments (10)

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

I have their duvet cover, the white cotton with a contrast stitching around it,
    the sizing is generous and the cotton is crisp. I'll be interested to know if anyone has their linen sheets.

• Sueb20
    11 years ago

I have their linen sheets. I just got them in a moment of splurging insanity a little while ago. I can't fully report on them because I literally just changed the bed yesterday and haven't washed the sheets yet, but if they wash well, I'll give them an A rating. They feel really nice, much nicer than the Eileen Fisher linen sheets I have from Garnet Hill. They're heavier and just feel more luxurious.

• lolauren
    11 years ago

I have the linen duvet and linen pillow cases. They're nice quality. They felt slightly scratchy to me the first few nights. At this point, they've been washed and lived in.... I cannot detect that same scratchiness now. Linen, of courses, wrinkles and, this duvet is no exception. I'm happy with them.

• ajc9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, all. I'm basically in search of a quilt or coverlet in ivory. I ordered one from garnet hill...one was more of a dirty off white...and the other too dark. Very nice coverlet otherwise.

I'm interested in the vintage washed coverlet from RH (link below)the only thing holding me back is their awful shipping and return cost...I don't have a store near me. Should I just go for it? I feel like I've looked everywhere!

Their sheets look nice..I think I've settled on Thomas lee percale..but would love to try theirs too!

Thanks again for your input!

Here is a link that might be useful: Coverlet

• ajc9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Any thoughts on the above coverlet? Worth the risk of buying online?

• busybee3
    11 years ago

i don't have the vintage wahed coverlet, but have a diamond stitched coverlet that i bought a couple of years ago and use in the summer---i like it. i like that it's larger than many king coverlets and comes further down the sides of the bed. it was a bit stiffer out of the package than i normally would want bedding to be, but after i washed it, it softened a bit---i would imagine it will soften up more after each washing. it is well made and i have no regrets.

• ajc9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Busybee....thank you!

My total would be just over 300 dollars...ack...I wish I could find a deal somewhere but I keep going back to this piece. Ugh...then there are sheets, duvet, shams...yikes!

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

ajc, I love that coverlet also, it has that well worn look that is so appealing.
    I haven't seen anything with that look at a cheaper price in department stores.
    You have a good eye, lol.....

• ajc9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, mitchdesj! I finally ordered my sheets and will pull the trigger with the coverlet this weekend...fun!

• brianadarnell
    11 years ago

I have the heirloom quilt and shams in white. Love them! I have been using them for 6 months and they seem to hold up well. I've washed the quilt a few times with no problem.