Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

Gallery beef up

oceanna
15 years ago

I just beefed up a bunch of my Gallery threads again.

So for those of you who enjoy them -- you just got a lot of free new decorating magazines! hehe See our Gallery.

Comments (18)

• yayagal
    15 years ago

Oceanna, are they on the first page of the gallery or scattered about? I LOVE and APPRECIATE all the photos you put up. I know it's time consuming for you but we sure do love seeing new ones.

• tinker_2006
    15 years ago

I LOVE them too - they have been a great help with ideas!

• IdaClaire
    15 years ago

Thank you, Oceanna! I enjoyed a leisurely evening recently (yes, an entire evening!) drooling over the pics you've shared. So much eye candy and inspiration! :-)

• spy10021
    15 years ago

Oceanna, Can you include the link to your gallery in this topic?

For the life of me, I can't figure out the galleries at all. I click on the Photo Galleries/Home Galleries link above but once I'm in, I'm lost as how to maneuver the galleries, short of just clicking on this and that and pray I find something of interest.

Thanks!

• decorpas
    15 years ago

thanks, Oceanna-- once again, your gallery work is so incredible! I've sent the links to several friends who are in the midst of decorating projects. They've all found something that inspired them!

The gallery link that works for me is on the Home Decorating main page, where you see the list of threads. to the right of that are two buttons: conversations (for OT talks) and galleries. hit the galleries button there (not the other way- you get lost here) and you will see a list of threads come up.

• texashottie
    15 years ago

Awesome, Oceanna! Thanks for all your hard work!

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yayagal, when people put new messages to the gallery the threads on the bottom bump to Page 2. A lot of people get lost and post over there when they should be posting here. Between my room threads and the excellent color threads and a few other great ones, it's really tight competition to stay on Page 1. So I have to keep checking my threads and bump them back to Page 1 pretty frequently. When I do that, I generally add a few more pictures. So it's never-ending work to keep those threads in plain sight. It would help if someone would bump one occasionally. So at this moment (I think) they are on Page 1. It's wonderful to know you enjoy the new pictures -- that makes it worthwhile. :)

Tinker & Auntjen & Decorpas & Texashottie, thanks so much for letting me know you enjoy them -- you've made my day!

Spy, I'm putting in a link for you here to the gallery but Decorpas' instructions to you are more valuable. Her way you can always find the gallery. The way I use the gallery is say I want to know what to put on my coffee table. I click on the Living Rooms thread and look at all the coffee tables there. Then I know. Or say I want an idea to decorate a new bedroom, I click on the Bedrooms thread. If I want to paint a wall red, I click on the Reds thread to see all the walls painted red and the brands and names of paint used, to get an idea of what to look for. If I want to know how to decorate an occasional table, I click on the Foyers and Hallways thread because there are lots of pretty accessorized hall tables there. And so on. I think you need to take some time over there to get a feel for the lay of the land. Here's your link...

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Gallery

• yayagal
    15 years ago

Oceanna, I'd be happy to bump it up any time I see it slide off the first page. I'm heading there now, lol.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Thanks so much, I'm going to take a look right now!!

• johnmari
    15 years ago

I indulged my ego and posted some pictures too. :-)

• acoreana
    15 years ago

Thank you!

I have to be careful though- last time I looked through the gorgeous Laundry Room thread it gave me an urge to grab an axe & head for mine...it's sooooo ugly :(

lol

Oh, also meant to congratulate you on your new Dyson!

Unfortunately I have just discovered that it *can* stop sucking.

I know, I know...the commercial says it won't lose sucking power. Well, it turns out if you vaccum your rental out after renovations and place it behind your car so you won't forget it (can you see where I'm going with this?) and later on look at the time & realize you're going to be late for DD so you run out to the car & quickly reverse...and then hear a horrible crunching/grinding noise & hop out of the car and see purple powder ground into the driveway leading to your precious dyson...um...yeah...it lost it's sucking power alright *sniffle*.

I'm off to search out the best deal on a new one today - hoping I can afford the ball one! :)

• teacats
    15 years ago

Many thanks again for all your hard work at posting inspiration photos over on the Gallery side!

I just LOVE looking at them!

Jan

• tradewind_64
    15 years ago

oceanna, I heart your gallery pics VERY much. I just repainted my bedroom and have been browsing your galleries for about a week looking for ideas. Where do you get all these savory pictures?! It's like a trip to the bookstore, only without spending all the gas in my tank :-)

Joanna

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, you've just all made my day! Thanks for letting me know you're having fun with my gallery posts! I really do hope you all get super ideas for your own homes that make you happy.

Bru (which is the name of a VERY expensive antique French doll, you know), are you getting any ideas for your yummy new digs from the gallery?

Yaya thanks -- it will certainly be appreciated if folks can bump them when they fall to page 2. That's very sweet of you. You're also welcome to add a few pics of your own to bump my threads, all of you. I love it when you do that.

Joanna, I find the pics out and about on the web. I go on picture hunts. I do so love all those pics. I can mentally put myself in each of those rooms, can't you? I'm glad you're getting inspiration from them.

Johnmarie, I see you contributed in both the kitchen and bathroom threads, thanks! Your kitchen cabs are what I should do to mine. Mine are goofy. I'll post pics some time. I love the bathroom pics you posted and ooo la la on the bath you did in your last home. Wow.

Acoreanna, I know what you mean... the pictures make me want to axe all my rooms. hehe. OH NO!!! I can't believe your precious Dyson met such a brutal fate. You poor darling, you deserve sympathy cards. What a shock that must have been to you. I do recall hearing a crunching sound when backing up in my own car before -- very unnerving. Which model did you have? I just got the DC18 from Bed Bath & Beyond with their 20% off coupon. After days of looking around, that was the best deal from a reputable source. I love that model, btw, and it's "really on the ball." lol. Good luck and keep us posted.

• emagineer
    15 years ago

Thanks so much Oceana. Tons of work and hope you know how much fun it is to go through all the photos. What I really appreciate is the number of smaller rooms. Living smaller, ideas are hard to find. You make my day.

• ladyamity
    15 years ago

Oceanna,

Were your ears burning?
    Couple of us brought up your name over on the Bathroom Forum under the topic of FKB - Finished Kitchen Blog.

Sadly, I still can't get onto any site that has too many pics or I get a Connection Timed Out error and have to restart my computer from scratch---a real pain.

But before my computer got sick I so, so, so enjoyed all the gallery photos--so much so that I cancelled all but one magazine subscription!

Thank you for all your hard work with the gallery photos ---much appreciated!

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

It's amazing how you find all those pictures and that you are so generous with your time and talents.

I can't tell you how many times I have gone back to your thread for inspiration, even if it's just for a little tweaking.

Thank you

Oh, and thank you for including one of my pictures!

• leahcate
    15 years ago

Unselfish, kind, generous...thank you so, so much! Love all those gorgeous pics!