|Needing advice on what color for a steel front door of a townhouse. Must we consider the color scheme of the interior for when the door is open?
Exterior is beige siding with burgundy shutters.
Interior will be painted Manchester tan, there is dark brown wall to wall carpet and color scheme of a large red sectional sofa with cream area rug and black tables, tv stand and drapes a cream background with lightly stenciled black damask pattern.
Please suggest colors to paint the steel front door which now is the same color as the vinyl siding. (a washing out beige). Something unique would be great.
As always, the advice from this forum and invaluble and thanks to everyone who posts here!
|No, you don't need to consider the inside of the house, IMO. The exterior is what it's all about. |
Depending on the beige, Burgundy, Beige and Ivory are a lovely combination.
|A deep mossy, olive green would be lovely on the door. |
Other choices would be a rich navy or a warm darker grey.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.