Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pam533_gw

How to Hang Bamboo Sliders Under Valance

pam533
9 years ago

Hi. I have a room with five windows--all with just oak wooden rods and all the accessories. Well, now I need a double bracket (apparently?) to install my valance on the outside and the bamboo sliders underneath. The problem? All the double brackets extend about 7-8 inches from the wall and this is going to look a lot different than the other windows.

I don't want to have to go buy all new iron rods due to my budget. Does anybody have any ideas as to how I might be able to keep my single bracket and use something else underneath to use for my sliders? This is driving me crazy.

It is something I never even thought of. I can't give up my valance, either--very attached to it! Has anyone else ever had this problem? Maybe there is some rod I don't know about? Thanks so much!!

Comments (7)

• graywings123
    9 years ago

How far out do you need the valance to extend to fit over the sliders?

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Let me see if I have this straight. Are you wanting to add sliders under the valance on french doors? You never mention a door, but that seems, to me, to be what this situation calls for.
    Photos would greatly help too, please.

• erinsean
    9 years ago

Seems to me that I have seen a rod with ends that fit over the bracket of a single rod.....not sure where but Penney's has different type rods....maybe start asking there.

• pam533
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Okay, here are pics of my kitchen. I didn't know how to rearrange them to show the pertinent ones. But, the bamboo blinds have two inch rings, so I was hoping for a smaller rod than 1-3/8 because they don't slide easily on one. But, you can see how close my other window is, which is why I don't want one sticking way out 7 inches out. That would be very noticeable.

Is there any way to keep my rod and use something else underneath that won't look too awful since it will be seen when standing at the side.

Anyone know of any golden oak double rods that don't stick out too far that have a small rod in back. I found a Martha Stewart one, but it has a pocket for two 1-3/8 rods and sticks out 7-1/2 inches!

Any help at all would be appreciated. I know nothing about all this curtain rod stuff and it all confuses me! Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Oh, that one weird pic on Photo Bucket is the room I have under the valance. The bracket the valance is on now sticks out 4-1/2 inches. The bamboo blinds would only need to stick out about 3 inches.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Valance Pictures

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    9 years ago

Can you use this type of curtain rod? It's not the decorative kind, but with the valance over it you won't really be seeing it:

Here is a link that might be useful: BBB rod

• graywings123
    9 years ago

Here is your picture of the bamboo slider and one of the two windows together. You are going to need to have the valance project quite a ways over the slider to fit when it folds up when opened. You have identified the problem, and I don't think there is a good solution for it.

And this is just my opinion, and others may feel differently, but I don't much like the combination of the bamboo slider with the country-ish look of the valance. If I needed privacy or light control for that area, I would be looking at something like cellular shades, possibly a vertical cellular shade that would fold up and tuck away into the left corner.

• erinsean
    9 years ago

I too, think you need a type of horizontal blind that pulls up and down. When open it will be hidden behind your valance. If you still want the bamboo slider, looks like you could get a separate rod and put it inside your wooden rod....it would be hidden by your valance. The rings you have on your bamboo slider look pretty big....Will you have enough room to put them under your valance?