Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kswl2

Small Rug Arrived and MBR Finally Finished :-)

kswl2
9 years ago

The smaller rug arrived yesterday for the sitting area of our MBR, the same Karastan French check in yellow. We did not really need one there, but our dogs kept slipping on the new wood floor when they tried to jump up on "their" sofa. The size is not ideal in that it could be a tad larger, but the next size up is much too big. At least it comforms to the "all legs on or all legs off" rule (the latter, obviously) and It does anchor the furniture in that part of the room. The two rugs cover just enough of the floor to keep it from looking like a furnished basketball court. I just love that yellow, and now the room is actually, really, finished!

Comments (20)

• sas95
    9 years ago

Very pretty!

• loribee
    9 years ago

Ditto! Lovely!!

• mlweaving_Marji
    9 years ago

Beautiful room. Can you tell us about the framed Christening Gown?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Nice!

• kswl2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's funny how different the photos look when taken at night with artificial light! The christening gown is an old one that became too fragile to reuse after DS2's christening, so we had it mounted on light green suede and framed in a shadow box with the cap and a hand painted cross from a ceramic artist in NC. The dress is hanging on a padded silk child's hanger.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

it's just perfect, thanks for showing us the end result !

• teeda
    9 years ago

Beautiful space--elegant yet cozy. Love the framed christening gown!

• patricianat
    9 years ago

Sweet room!

• musicteacher
    9 years ago

Very pretty! I like how you arranged your things on the wall.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

It's absolutely charming and very pretty!

• indygo
    9 years ago

Beautiful room! Thanks for sharing.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

What a lovely room. Thank you for posting.

• carsonheim
    9 years ago

very nice. Makes me want to come sit with you and enjoy a cuppa tea!

• kellienoelle
    9 years ago

So pretty! I do love that rug with the cheery yellow check. I checked to see if karastan may have colors that would work in my house since I was a fan, but guess ill just live vicariously through you. It's lovely

• kswl2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol, kellie! The carpet comes in yellow, green, red, blue, tan and peach--- although the peach is being phased out. I've got yellow upstairs and am carpeting dh's downstairs office with the green check, as well as using it in the front room as an area rug. I tend to repeat things I like as do most people, but I believe I've pushed the limit of one home's ability to absorb plaid floor covering...... I'm hoping the office does not end up looking like the reading nook of a preschool!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments :-)

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

I think it's the perfect size for a sitting area in a bedroom. I love gingham checks. Would you mind telling me where you bought them?

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Looks great....love the colors!

• kswl2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Justgottabeme, I bought both yellow gingham rugs at plushrugs.com, they are shipped via fedex and are very reasonable. When you go to the site, put karastan French check in the search box.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Thank you kswl. I'm heading there right now.

Edited to add....
    Oh, pooh! They're wool and won't work with kitty cats. At least not these sweeties. Thanks so much though.

This post was edited by justgotabme on Sun, May 4, 14 at 17:44

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

Very pretty!