Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weimom

Sources for Rugs

weimom
11 years ago

We are doing a remodel of our upper level and just installed 2,000 square feet of wood floors. I will need to find lots of rugs/runners for the master bedroom, living room, dining room, and kitchen. I have a couple of oriental rugs but need lots more and don't want to spend a fortune. Any good online or catalog sources that you have used? Many thanks for the help.

Comments (8)

• pharaoh
    11 years ago

I have bought ALL my hand knotted oriental rugs on ebay. It takes a while to get to know to know the sellers and their products but after you have followed them for a while you can guess the quality, color and value of the rugs.

I dont I could get the rug the cheaper in their country of origin unless I were a native.

Therefore I recommend ebay. Vast choice, price, quality and no pressure!

• User
    11 years ago

Many folks have had good luck with overstock and there are some rug sites I think rugsusa.com and hopefully a few others will chime in. The issue is usually how the monitors /camera etc "read" the colors. I know on Overstock that there are reviews by the purchasers and lots of them comment on the colors (some say very true to photo and lots say the color is more muted or deeper or whatever). Good luck~~

• tuesday_2008
    11 years ago

Overstock is my go-to for rugs. Reading the reviews carefully will help. I recently purchased this Safevieh based on the reviews....the reviews were very accurate. It looks much better than my DD's Pottery Barn rug as far as thickness.

This may not be your style - just showing as an example. It was much higher priced everywhere else.

Here is a link that might be useful: O Safevieh rug

• tuesday_2008
    11 years ago

Also, just to give you an example, I bought this one from O about two years ago (not available now). It is a Jaipur flat weave and other sources have this rug priced anywhere from $1700 to $2200.

Again, just examples. You may have to do your homework just to find out the manufacuter of the rug, but there are some bargains to be had.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Jaipur flat weave

• lazydaisynot
    11 years ago

I've bought several area rugs from Overstock as well and have been very pleased. The styles I've purchased are more transitional/contemporary than tuesday's, but quality's still solid. However, I only buy rugs that have many reviews, which I read carefully. O's great for its incredibly cheap shipping ($2.95) but it would be very expensive to return a rug should you not like it.

• weimom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh thank yo so much! I think I will be doing some shopping on Overstock. Glad to hear that you have had good experiences with it.

• pollyannacorona
    11 years ago

If that doesnt pan out try homedecorators.com. They are owned by Home Depot and stand behind their products completely. The selection is huge, all styles, sizes and colors. The furniture selection was much larger before they teamed up with Martha Stewart, she seems to have taken over. Not saying thats a good thing. Fortunately the rug selection hasnt been diminished as their furniture line has.

Here is a link that might be useful: home decorators

• weimom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you pollyanna for another good source to check out!