Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ideamom_gw

I have a Photoshop Challenge for someone...please!

ideamom
16 years ago

Anyone up for a photoshop challenge? DD wants the following in her room; black tufted headboard, grey walls, black furniture, sheets & pillow shams in color & print shown below in pic, but with a white duvet. Oh and would like to see with a black dust ruffle. Then she says that she wants a pop of color in maybe the accent pillow. She doesn't want it too matchy matchy she says as I have a tendency to that! Personally I thing a shiny/sparkly silvery grey or black accent pillow would look good. Then again she might consider that matchy matchy.

Comments (26)

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Here's one rendition, using a coral-pink-mauve type accent. I have no idea what she would like, but this looks very pretty to me : )

I'm a bit gray/black challenged : ) Feel free, Lindy, or others to use my ps for any other ideas:

{{!gwi}}

• ideamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks squirrel. Looks great! I showed my DD and now she says that the aqua pattern is her pop of color. She confuses me! UGH! Now she says she will probably use black & white accent pillows. She is almost 20 so she doesn't let me in on all of her decorating ideas. I'm just suppose to pay for it. lol

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

You're welcome : ) Had no idea she was 20!

Here's a bunch of other monochromatic stuff to look at : ) Very sophisticated and beautiful!!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• ideamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Your amazing squirrel! Thanks! DD says "thanks" too!

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Very chic and serene! I did like it with a bit of pink in it though. But then, I'm a girly girl! ;c)

• budge1
    16 years ago

What about orange for the contrast - citrus not pumpkin. Love the patterned sheet set she picked!

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

She's 'no-accent' now, but doesn't hurt for the rest of us to look : ) Voila! Very beautiful : )

• decorpas
    16 years ago

that looks great! The accents Squirrel picked are very sophisticated. esp in the monochromatic thing version-- love the vases, etc.

Squirrel, if you don't mind, where'd you get that lamp? It would be great for a friend of mine.

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Hi Decorpas : ) I believe that came from Crate & Barrel. Picked it up a number of months ago, though. They have some interesting contemporary lamps.

• decorpas
    16 years ago

Thanks!

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

It's still there. Not on clearance yet though!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lamps

• ideamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here is the lamp she chose for her room. It's very glam!

• ideamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here is the wood sign she made to go in her new room. I don't think the color is the same as the sheets but hopefully it will work. If not, I guess she can sell that one & make herself a new one.

Squirrel: Can you put the lamp & sign in the room via photoshop?

• decorpas
    16 years ago

thanks for the lamp link, Squirrel! Love the chandy she picked, too.

My GF loves the lamp- perfect! too bad it's not on sale.

• ideamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Squirrel or Lindy:
    Would you be able to show me the lamp & the sign in the room?

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

With and w/o some serene and dreamy pics : ) (Not sure what the lamp size is.)

• ideamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks! I'll be sure to post pics when the room is done. We are redecorating it for her 20th bday which is the first of Oct. I know it's quite awile till then but I'm a planner & a bargain shopper so I started early. Thanks again squirrel for all the help!

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

You're welcome : )

• beausoleil
    15 years ago

Ideamom...
    I just have to ask where you found that gorgeous bedding. I just love the large scale damask, and the background color is gorgeous.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Home

• ideamom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The sheet set came today & it is very pretty but the color is darker than it shows in the pic & it is cream design not white like I thought. I'll have to show DD to see if she approves. It was purchased from HSN...see the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedding Link

• decorpas
    15 years ago

Beausoliel,

your home is sooo pretty:-) I always love it when you post the link. What is the green paint color on the wall in your room with all of the art hung on it? There's another thread here and someone was looking for a yellowish green...Thanks!

• ideamom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah DD likes the sheet set even though the color was a bit darker & what we thought was white was actually cream. Her serenity sign doesn't match so she is gonna try to sell that one & make another that matches better. I'm just so happy she likes the sheet set. Now I can order another set to make curtains.

• dekr8
    15 years ago

Beausoliel, (sorry to hi-jack) would you mind sharing the pink & green paint colors in the nursery? Thanks.

Ideamom I love your dd's bedding and all of your signs!

• lindybarts
    15 years ago

Wow...she made that Serenity sign? She should be in business...I want one!! Actually, I want something like that in my laundry room that just says "Laundry" ;c)

I love the sophistication this room is taking on...what a lucky girl and I hope she has a happy 20th Birthday!! October? You are so on top of it Ideamom...LOL

• decorpas
    15 years ago

It's going to be a gorgeous room- Post pics after you make the curtains!

• beausoleil
    15 years ago

Ideamom:
    Thanks so much for the link to the bedding. I really love it. Please show us pics of your DD's room when it is completed!!
    Decorpas:
    Thanks so much for saying nice things about my home. I love my home, but it makes me feel so good when other people like it too. The paint color in my den is from Walmart Colorplace paints. It's called Olive Grove. I did have it color matched at Lowes cause the peeps at my Walmart had no clue what they were doing.
    Dekr8:
    The paint colors in my nursery (which is now a big girl room... sniff, sniff!) are both from Laura Ashley. They are Deep Pink 5 and Apple 4

Here is a link that might be useful: My Home