|Thinking of taking out a wall and going open concept between our dining room and kitchen. You are looking at the wall - kitchen is to the left, dining room to the right. Should I leave an arch between the 2 rooms? I don't want to strip the white woodwork in the DR and I don't want to paint the kitchen woodwork white. Any other solutions for a dividing piece? Maybe a built in with hidden storage and some shelves that goes floor to ceiling? All suggestions and comments appreciated!|
|If you're not going to paint the trim in the kitchen, I wouldn't knock down the wall. |
Why not open up the wall by just cutting out a large opening?
|Tibbrix - |
I"m thinking of a large arch that would have a 6-10inch "wall" on each side. Thanks for your comment.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here