Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Martha Stewart Club Sofa

Posted by pinkpaula (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 22:55

In searching for a neutral sofa, I ran across the Club sofa in the Martha Stewart line on www.Macys.com. I could only find one short customer review, which was very positive.

Do any of you have this sofa? I would appreciate any comments regarding durability, comfort, or general satisfaction with this sofa (or with Martha Stewart upholstered furniture in general).

The style and price are right, and I am tempted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Martha Stewart Club Sofa

I like that sofa. When I was looking for one earlier, they couldn't send me any samples of the fabric and my local store didn't have it. It would have been buying it totally based on the website. I wasn't comfortable with that. Maybe times have changed.

What I have noticed about Macy's furniture reviews is this...they all are good. Mysteriously. I've never seen a bad one. This leads me to believe they are edited. Just my opinion.

o

Well this caught my eye in my quest for new family room furniture. It is what I call "normal" looking and I like it. There only seem to be very few to actually see in person and I think I am going to try to get to one of the locations where they claim to have it. I can't comment on durability or any of that. I am guessing its pretty decent but my new outlook is that there is hardly any furniture any more that I can expect to really last....it is nice though...

o

I would never buy a sofa without sitting on it first. They all sit differently. I have seen some beautiful looking sofas that are terrible when you sit on them. Try and find it to try it out yourself.

o

When I visited a Macy's last year to look at furniture, I asked about American made and they admitted their furniture was all imported (most from China). I went elsewhere.

o

IMHO anything with the Martha Stewart's name on it is overpriced and can probably be found elsewhere for less.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here