Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emily_saba

Inexpensive curtain rods

Emily Saba
10 years ago

Just wondering where I can find some for under $25? We are moving into a new home next week and would like to have some curtains up right away. I've checked overstock and no luck. Thanks!

Comments (13)

• aprilmack
    10 years ago

Hi emily325,

Try Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

• crl_
    10 years ago

Try amazon. They were the cheapest I could find the kind of curtain rods I was looking for.

• Terri_PacNW
    10 years ago

Our Home Depot just had a table full of decorator rods with different finial ends and metal looks..most were $25 and under.
    Could check the nearest Lowes or Home Depot...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Lowes has curtain rods at a reasonable price. Otherwise, check walmart on line...they have more than you might expect.

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Try the Ross/TJ Max/Big Lots. And Hobby Lobby, check their ad just in case they are on sale, usually 50 off. Don't skimp too much, you will be buying again for want of a better rod/look.

• Emily Saba
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'll check those out today.

• lynnspin
    10 years ago

I got some at kirklands for $25 and you can usually find 15-20% off coupon if you download their app.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kirklands

• Errant_gw
    10 years ago

Ikea?

• desertsteph
    10 years ago

depending on what kind you want/need, try the goodwill. yrs ago (like 16) I bought mine there. the kind with the rope to pull open and close.

• FamCook
    10 years ago

IKEA! I have had two entire houses full of curtain, some with sheers, too. I love curtains and we lived on a busy stet, so I bought sheers at Ikea, too. I have to say, that other than spray painting conduit (which I have done), Ikea has the least expensive curtain rods that I could find anywhere. They even have some larger, heavy duty rods that I have in my living room. Great selection and easy to install. Withstood 5 kids plus me and my hubby for 7 years.

Can't say enough! And I live over 2 hours away, so when my family visited, I sent a list of exactly what I needed and they bought them all. Enough for 6 rooms, with LARGE windows for about $50!

• musicteacher
    10 years ago

I've bought some good ones at Tuesday morning also. They tend to not have many of the same style though.

• lala girl
    10 years ago

I bought plain wooden ones from our local hobby store with the wood brackets and painted them white to match our trim - it was so cheap but I love the look with the white linen panels I have hung.

• nancyaustin
    10 years ago

Joan, a wonderful blogger & decorator on "for love of a house," used bamboo rods from the garden section of Home Depot or Lowes as curtain rods to hang linen curtains from IKEA. Check out her photos of the bedrooms in her house because the bamboo rods look terrific. She attached small wooden finials to the ends of the rods.