|I like to change up wall decor in my family room each season. I'm not one to spend alot of money for art and I can't seem to find things at thrift shops or on Craigslist locally. |
However, I am a butterfly/hummingbird gardener and I have some really nice photos that I have taken the last few years. I am thinking about having some of the close up ones put on the canvas material that is stretched over a frame. You see alot of that sort of "art", if you would call it that, at stores like Kohls and Marshalls. Some look okay but most I don't care for. I was hoping that since these would be colorful and closeups that they would look nice. They would fit in nicely with other items like throws and pillows that I have recently purchased and I already have a set of three watercolors that would complement them.
These would be for my family room and as I said, I would use them through the spring and summer. Do you think they would look cheap. (no offense meant for others who have done something similiar).
|MBoston, I think that sounds great! I love the hummingbirds and can't wait for their return. If only I had some photography skills! |
|Not at all. I think they would be so unique and colorful. I have thought about doing something similar, but in a sepia of the old oak and maple trees on our property.|
|I too think they will be wonderful and would love to see them when you get them on the wall. I've taken lots of photos of old barns and have been thinking of doing something similar with some of them in black and white with inexpensive black frames.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here