Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
artlover13060_gw

Powder Room Makeover - Lots of Pics

artlover13060
15 years ago

This little Powder Room has been the subject of many threads that I have either started or contributed to. This was a total DIY project on a budget - lots of work, but I think it was worth it. It is 3' X 7' and very difficult to photograph. I hope you can get an idea of the transformation. I still need to accessorize, but that will be the fun part!

PR before with old cabinet and venetian plaster walls:

{{!gwi}}

PR after with new cabinet doors and wallpaper:

{{!gwi}}

PF before with textured ceiling and messy paint job:

{{!gwi}}

PR after with smooth ceiling and new crown molding:

{{!gwi}}

PR before with large mirror and a great view of yourself on the toilet:

{{!gwi}}

PR after with new smaller mirror - no view of yourself on the toilet:

{{!gwi}}

PR before, old light fixture:

{{!gwi}}

PR after, new light fixture:

{{!gwi}}

PR after, new faucet:

{{!gwi}}

This a view from the hall into the PR. I'm very happy with the transition between the hall wallcolor and the PR wallpaper:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (21)

• DLM2000-GW
    15 years ago

Stunning!!! Love that wallpaper - wow. Doesn't look like a budget makeover at all - you picked the right places to put your money, for sure.

• ms-thrifty
    15 years ago

Very nice job..love your light fixture and the wallpaper.
    Hope to be able to post mine soon.. My powder room was similar to your old. We gutted it, and currently it has toile wallpaper and we are putting in new floor tile. Have a vanity sitting im my family room waiting for the floor to be finished. Doesn't it feel good to get rid of the "old ugly" ? I have been trying to talk DH into gutting it for a long time.

• palimpsest
    15 years ago

Much better.

• parma42
    15 years ago

Great job, artlover!

I love all of your choices.

• pam-md
    15 years ago

Great job artlover - It looks fabulous! And congrats on a job finished too. I am jealous as all my DIY projects are works still in progress. Doesn't it feel good to post 'after' pictures? I just know I will get to do that one day too!

I love, love, love that wallpaper; it is so classy!

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

I looks sooooo nice now. That wallpaper is georgeous. The crown moulding really makes the room finished. I love all the choices in the details. It looks like it was not an easy job to do this room over with the bumpy walls and ceiling.

Great DIY project. Great job.

• threedgrad
    15 years ago

Wonderful job!! Very elegant!!

• Jbrig
    15 years ago

That looks wonderful! You and I appear to have the same size (also 3'x7')and layout in our PR's, w/ the vanity and toilet opposite each other. I need to post some pics here, as we just re-did ours, also. For such a little room, it makes such a big difference in the feel of the house!

• snookums
    15 years ago

My powder room is 3x6. Glad I'm not the only one with a tiny one! It looks great BTW!

• pattiem93
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh!!! You go girl!! It looks wonderful-and the paper is PERFECT!! You did a fabulous job and should be OH-SO-PROUD!

• loribee
    15 years ago

I have the same teeeeeeny powder room too!
    Yours is delightful...love the wall paper. :)

• mrsmarv
    15 years ago

Beautiful job! I like all of your choices and your attention to the space. After all, "the devil is in the details".

• barb5
    15 years ago

An amazing transformation of the walls and ceiling. The crown is the perfect finishing detail. Very nicely done!

I have the same big mirror in my powder room. I have wondered if taking it off would make the room feel very small. Seeing how happy you are with your room makes me think I will take it off when it comes time to do something with our powder room.

• amysrq
    15 years ago

You are da bomb woman! No wonder DH is leaving you sweet voice mails! :-) I love the wallpaper, too. As I said in your other thread, I wish I had half your skills...not to mention motivation.

• haley_comet
    15 years ago

Bravo - I love love love it. What a huge job that must have been. Great work!

• teachbls
    15 years ago

Fantastic! What a great transformation - can I ask for details re: wallpaper?

• stinky-gardener
    15 years ago

Oh, wow, I love it! I have the same PR too w/the same counter top, vanity, faucet & mirror, but the toilet is off to the side & I have dated wallpaper instead of venetian plaster, & old oak towel bars!

Have had so many other things to do & buy for the house in the almost 3yrs. I've been here, that the PR has been ignored. You have inspired me, & when I'm ready to move into that room & get to work, I'll know what to do...just copy you... lol! It's nice to see that the space doesn't need to be gutted to be radically transformed...you've proven that!

I had thought about a decorative mirror in place of that big one & it's so nice to see what a huge difference that does indeed make...even more so than I imagined!

Love your wallpaper, new mirror, & orb fixtures. Very, very nice!!

• nicole__
    15 years ago

WOW! That's what I'm talking about! Tan and off white is VERY classy! Getting rid of the coral pink.....right on!!!! I can't understand ALL the people wanting "COLOR" on their walls. The NEW look is much better!!!!

• artlover13060
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments. I would never have done it without the inspiration of all the talented people on this board. Thanks especially to Pattiem, whose powder room is my inspiration.

Ms-thrifty, it does feel good to get rid of the "old-ugly". Pam, I know what you mean about pending projects. This is just one of several that IÂve started that I can actually check off my list. I have several more that IÂve started and have yet to finish. I decided to focus on this one project for a week and knock it out. I canÂt take credit for putting up the crown molding, though. DS did that for me.

Teachbls, I will try to find the wallpaper info and let you know what it is.

I can certainly identify with those of you who also have tiny powder rooms. I used to really hate this room and thought that it was hopeless because it was so small, poorly laid out, and no window. Someone here on the forum, sorry canÂt remember who, made a comment about a powder room being a "small little jewel box of a room." I tried to focus on that thought. Now I think that in a powder room, size really doesnÂt matter. ; ).

• arleneb
    15 years ago

Very nice transformation!! Love the wallpaper . . .

• User
    15 years ago

That looks great !! I have a teeny one too and when I redid it my DH said why bother but after it was done he loved it. You definitely made beautiful choices. c