Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rufinorox

how to arrange table and chairs in sunroom off kitchen

rufinorox
13 years ago

I'm in the process of placing our furniture in our sunroom, which we plan to use as our eating area. I'll need help deciding how to arrange the table and chairs. The furniture pictured is furniture I've had for almost 10 years, it doesn't really match the kitchen decor, unfortuntaley its not in the budget to replace right now so it will have to do. The great thing is the table opens to sit 10-12 people.

Ok so there is a small step down right off the kitchen so I'm concerned the table will take up too much space around the walk thru of the kitchen. Here are some pictures I took of the chairs on top of the rug (which is temporary until I replace with a new one) to give an idea in which direction I plan to place the table. Also, the chairs have black seat covers which can be replaced. I removed one from the chair, which color do you think would work better? The table is all wood and the same color of the chairs. Lastly, I plan to place 2 counter stools that are a dark wood (similar to the kitchen cabinets).

Any ideas? What color should the rug be? should it be bigger?

here are the chairs with and without the cover.

here is the first positioning as you can see the entrance of the kitchen behind the chairs. This set up will allow 2 chairs on the left and right and 1 chair by the window and opposite side.

this position will allow 2 chairs against the wall of the window and 1 chair at the entrance. I think I like this better.

Comments (15)