Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inspiring Orchids

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 20:14

DH and I went to the Orchid Show today. How fabulous! I love orchids and am always amazed at the sizes, shapes, colors, varieties...they are the most incredible flowers ever.

But why is it, I see an orchid and I think about rooms?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inspiring Orchids

o

You can't look at orchids and not find Radiant Orchid, color of the year...

o

This bromeliad had the most extraordinary color blossom....

This post was edited by AnnieDeighnaugh on Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 20:35

o

o

o

Annie you have the most interesting posts. Thank you for the eye candy. BTW, I love yellow and pink as a combo.

o

thanks Annie, your matchup choices are spot on !! so lovely to look at .

o

Thanks Annie!! Makes me want to buy an Orchid.

o

The orchids are gorgeous!!!

o

How do you do this? LOVE IT!!

My dear ex-MIL always had (has) orchids, would give them to a local plant shop after they finished blooming and pick them up when ready to start again. I tend to forget to water (and full disclosure here) feed my plants, so have a poor track record. Still, I'm always eyeing orchids, especially when the weather warms up....

o

Thanks guys, it's so much fun.

My problem is I need more rooms to decorate, but I'm not Warren Buffet, so I am always doing rooms in my head. I'd love to be an interior designer, but then I'd have to deal with clients! In my head, I'm the only client that needs to be satisfied. And without deadlines or budgets or suppliers, it's so much less stressful!

When we were designing our house, I had a notebook with tabs for each room full of design inspirations. But we were in the design phase for so long...7 years!...that, even before spade went to ground, I started complaining to the architect that the guest room was looking shabby and needed to be redone!
:)

o

Love the yellow/pink combo! We went to the NYBG Orchid show yesterday. Beautiful!

o

Hah! Mamorella, we probably saw each other and didn't know it! We went yesterday too! We were relying on the weatherman that it would be sunny and in the 60s...yeah right...

You didn't take the guided tour at 12:30 did you?

o

Annie, you do indeed come up with some very interesting color-related posts. So much to love with the inspirations here. And yes, if only I had another room or two to play around with some color! My DD is planning to make a quilt for me and we are currently looking at fabrics, so this really is giving me some additional ideas. We have already been looking at some raspberry and green combinations but that yellow and pink gives me something to think about.

o

Annie, we actually went later. But that would have been funny if we were there at the same time! My BIL is in town so we did lunch at Arthur Ave first then NYBG. Such a beautiful place. We live fairly close now and joined- it is a great place for the kids to run around, especially in winter when it's empty!

Besides the beautiful orchids, the smells were delightful!

o

Soft green, copper and a hint of red...and what an extraordinary orchid!

o

o

How inspirational! You've got me thinking design in new ways. Thanks so much, Annie.

o

You're welcome! So glad my colorfilia is helpful.

o

Water lilies...

Maybe too bold for an entire room...

But maybe an accent on a neutral background...

Gotta love that kakelugn!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here