Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homeagain_gw

Do either of these lamps work

homeagain
12 years ago

Hi all,

I've been eyeing this PB lamp for a while and they have free shipping right now. Do you think either would work in my master bedroom?

Alexis bedside lamp 24.5" tall

My rather boring matchy matched room with 15 yo buffet lamps..

Comments (16)

• homeagain
    Original Author
    12 years ago

or maybe these...

• Olychick
    12 years ago

You're too hard on yourself, it's a lovely room! I like them both but think the glass ones may be too small? How tall are the lamps that are there now? If the glass ones are the same size as the ceramic ones and they aren't too small in your space, then pic your fav... they would both look good.

• Bethpen
    12 years ago

I like both too! Your room is lovely!

Beth P.

• deeinohio
    12 years ago

I like both as well, and think both would look good. If I had to choose, I'd pick the ceramic ones. I love the shape, and I think the glass might look a little lightweight from across the (large) room.
    Dee

• srilunewgardener
    12 years ago

Yeah. I agree with Dee. I like the ceramic ones. My choice is yellow.

• dakota01
    12 years ago

IMHO the lamps are a "newer" look. I like the seedy glass ones but not sure about the height. If you update w/this style of lamp you may want to remove some of your decorative pieces for a cleaner/newer look.
    Your furniture pieces are very pretty - would a lamp w/some iron work?

• enailes
    12 years ago

I love the glass lamps, especially the green color. Do they have them in a taller size? If not, you could always put them on something...

• tuesday_2008
    12 years ago

You have a lovely, cozy bedroom. The ceramic lamps will be perfect in there if they are tall enough. Which color are you thinking of? Love the yellow - is there a touch of yellow in your bedding?

• Fun2BHere
    12 years ago

I think the ceramic lamps would be okay. At 24.5", they might be a little bit short, but you can always put them on a base of some kind. The yellow is pretty, but I'm not sure that you will like it against your paint color, so I would choose either the ivory or the blue. I forget which bedding you have...is it blue Wells Palampore or Vanessa? If it's Palampore, you might want to stay with the ivory because coordinating blues can be a little difficult. Of course, if they don't work, you can always return them to the store.

• ttodd
    12 years ago

I was recalling the ceramic lamps as being smaller 'bedside' lamps which may not be substantial enough for the size of your room. You could use some books to elevate them like in the 2nd pic w/ the seeded glass lamps. I did that w/ 1 of my mismatched bedside lamps that was slightly shorter than the other.

And I agree about the yellow color. While I think that it would look wonderful w/ your bedidng I, too, don't think that it will go very well w/ the wall color.

• User
    12 years ago

Ceramic lamps, blue color, height augmented with either books or a wooden stand.

• bronwynsmom
    12 years ago

I vote with kswl...the blue ceramic is a great classic shape, and the smooth texture is more restful than the seeded glass (although they are awfully nice too.,). That pale blue will look wonderful against your warm colored wall, and repeat the blue in your coverlet to good effect.

I also think you might do well to move your bedside tables closer to your bed. It's nice to make the three pieces read like a single composition, and it makes it much easier to put down the book or pick up the coffee cup!

• homeagain
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. The room is not as large as it seems. The above photo was taken with a wide lens camera. The room is 14.5'x17.5'.

I moved up a lamp from the family room that is 24.5" to the top of the shade but 26" to the top of the finial. The buffet lamps that are in there now are 33" tall, so way out of proportion to what they should be.

The duvet is the Wells Palampore from PB so I don't think the blue will match but could still work. There is no yellow in the fabric. I was actually leaning toward the white in the ceramic and the aqua in the glass.

The drapes that were in there in the above picture are now in my family room and I have another temporary set in there that aren't really working.

I'm not opposed to painting the room. I've just finished painting all the rooms on the main level and will be looking for a new project soon.

I'm also open to suggestions if you've seen something that you think may work.

Here's a few more pics...

• Fun2BHere
    12 years ago

I thought I recognized the Wells Palampore. I would go with the ivory ceramic. The nice thing is that the ivory will probably go with the next bedding you pick, too. LOL!

• tinker_2006
    12 years ago

Pretty room, and I really like the all the lamps, but like the ivory ceramic for your room. I also think your bedroom is a good size room, not small at all! Is that a Queen or King bed you have?

• Pipdog
    12 years ago

I like the ivory ceramic one too for your room. Another option is this fun white lamp at West Elm. It's a little more modern than the PB one, but it has similar lines.

Here is a link that might be useful: West elm white lamp