I have a question. I'm looking at a lighting fixture and the description states it has an oiled bronze finish. Is that different the an oiled rubbed finish? Rubbed being the key word. If so, what is the difference. I can't tell by looking at the picture on a website.
I guess I have 2 questions. The fixture I'm looking at has cognac colored glass. I prefer white. Is it easy to find replacement shades, and if so, where?
Thanks a bunch.
|I suspect lighting is similar to hardware where even the same named finish will differ a lot by manufacturer.|
|I suspect that you're right. That's why it's hard for me to order over the internet. You just don't know and I don't want to pay restocking fees. Thanks for the response.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here