Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Accent Walls

Posted by divotdiva (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 19:22

are accent walls out of fashion? We just completed an addition/renovation and the new part of the LR is a light gray, while the original is an off white. I would like to use a darker gray on one wall that spans the two areas (old/new) or perhaps tie in with the new light gray. But it seems most people are just painting the whole room one color now?

If I use the darker color I think the room will be too dark overall as the flooring is dark. But the white is boring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Accent Walls

I don't know or care if accent walls are in or out. I use them and I like them. They can serve useful functions in decorating like tying spaces together, or defining them separately. They can make long skinny rooms look more proportional and they can make out of balance architecture look more in balance.

If you want it, go for it...

o

Totally agree with Annie....I have one in my LR and really like the look.

o

Ditto!

o

Yep, go for it!

o

I just did an accent wall in my LR. My friends told me not to do it-that I would regret it!! Well they were over the other day and two of them are painting one of their walls this weekend. Go with your heart!!!

o

thanks, I have had them before and liked them, but wasn't sure if it was a dated look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here