Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh these chairs!!

Posted by louislinus (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 19:17

I found these awesome chairs on CL and love them. I have a lot of MCM and Danish modern and really needed some new chairs for the living room at the new house. She was asking $300 for the pair and I offers $200 nd he took it. They are in mint condition. Gosh I love CL! My husband so does not understand my excitement.

This post was edited by louislinus on Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 19:26

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh these chairs!!

So mad! I was going to pick these up tomorrow morning and I just got this email from the seller.

"I apologize ��" in removing the chairs from my finished basement ��" my husband broke the leg off the chair. It sadly cannot be fixed. I apologize, but we will have to cancel the sale."

Harrumph! Sounds like cold feet to me.

o

Yeah, you can fix a broken leg...or replace. Sounds like someone wasn't pleased with the final price!

o

Keep checking to see if they readvertise them....then, if you're embarrassed to go back, have a friend buy them for you.

o

Sounds like another buyer swooped in with a higher price...so frustrating.

o

She was selling a pair.....'
Tell her you still want the one .
Her reply will be telling !

o

What a bummer :-( I doubt that the seller was being honest. It would have been better to just tell you that they wanted a higher price but would keep you in mind.

o

Seriously I'm so mad! I would have paid more if she'd been honest with me. grrr.

o

Geesh, that is the poorest excuse for withdrawing a sale that I ever heard. My guess is that someone else called with an offer of full price and she didn't have the character to at least give you a chance to match that bid. With that being said the correct thing for her to do would be to sell at the agreed upon price as your offer of $200 was already accepted.

o

Oh that stinks! Fishy sounding to me. DH repairs broken chair legs day in and day out. DH doesn't understand why CLing stresses me out. Your experience is why. Happened to me 1 time too many.

This post was edited by TheFoxesPad on Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 16:22

o

just say you'd like to look anyway and see if they can be fixed.

o

That MCM chair owning, CL listing canceling person is a bad hat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here