Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
louislinus

Oh these chairs!!

louislinus
9 years ago

I found these awesome chairs on CL and love them. I have a lot of MCM and Danish modern and really needed some new chairs for the living room at the new house. She was asking $300 for the pair and I offers $200 nd he took it. They are in mint condition. Gosh I love CL! My husband so does not understand my excitement.

This post was edited by louislinus on Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 19:26

Comments (11)

• louislinus
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So mad! I was going to pick these up tomorrow morning and I just got this email from the seller.

"I apologize ��" in removing the chairs from my finished basement ��" my husband broke the leg off the chair. It sadly cannot be fixed. I apologize, but we will have to cancel the sale."

Harrumph! Sounds like cold feet to me.

• alex9179
    9 years ago

Yeah, you can fix a broken leg...or replace. Sounds like someone wasn't pleased with the final price!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Keep checking to see if they readvertise them....then, if you're embarrassed to go back, have a friend buy them for you.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Sounds like another buyer swooped in with a higher price...so frustrating.

• 4boys2
    9 years ago

She was selling a pair.....'
    Tell her you still want the one .
    Her reply will be telling !

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    9 years ago

What a bummer :-( I doubt that the seller was being honest. It would have been better to just tell you that they wanted a higher price but would keep you in mind.

• louislinus
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Seriously I'm so mad! I would have paid more if she'd been honest with me. grrr.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Geesh, that is the poorest excuse for withdrawing a sale that I ever heard. My guess is that someone else called with an offer of full price and she didn't have the character to at least give you a chance to match that bid. With that being said the correct thing for her to do would be to sell at the agreed upon price as your offer of $200 was already accepted.

• ttodd
    9 years ago

Oh that stinks! Fishy sounding to me. DH repairs broken chair legs day in and day out. DH doesn't understand why CLing stresses me out. Your experience is why. Happened to me 1 time too many.

This post was edited by TheFoxesPad on Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 16:22

• detroit_burb
    9 years ago

just say you'd like to look anyway and see if they can be fixed.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

That MCM chair owning, CL listing canceling person is a bad hat.