Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help choosing end tables

Posted by teach333 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 19:08

Hello! I am looking for advice on square vs round end tables for my living room. I am getting them built so any design would be possible. I am also getting a sofa table built to go behind my sofa. Any advice would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help choosing end tables

Here is a side view

o

I love the furniture on the ceiling thing!

o

As for end tables...I might do one round and one square so the aren't so matchy matchy. You could also have a little variation in style.

o

round. that middle gig is awful big - and totally square. I don't think you need any more tables in there ;)

o

Thanks for your suggestions. You are right. I will put a round table between the couch and love seat and none on the other side of the couch. Any ideas of something that would look nice there instead of a table. I am afraid it will look too bare I will be putting two lamps on the sofa table.

o

Statuary. I have a dog that was a garden thinngie and I decided I wanted to put it inside. I put it at the end of the sofa.

I change things around, so I will take it out this weekend and replace with a bunny there. My bunny is muted washes of sages and grayed whites, and he has a plate in his hand. I can place a small basket of colored eggs, a drink and a snack or a small bouquet of flowers.

I also have a garden stool that I like to use in summer, which is round.

I, too, have a sectional but my cocktail table is quite different from yours so I understand that might make a difference as far as balancing weight. My cocktail table is 36 x 36 and wrought iron with wide wood plank top, but very open and airy on bottom.

If you have lots of coffee table books, you could stack them into a table of sorts and if you no longer wanted to read them, just place a piece of glass atop them to create tabletop.

This post was edited by patricia43 on Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 23:54

o

I think two rounds will be great to soften the straight lines in the room. I hope this is not rude, but have you considered an area rug to soften the area? It would look great!

o

I have been looking for an area rug, but am having trouble choosing a colour. We built the house last year and I am having trouble finishing off the living room. It looks very bare to me as well! If anyone has suggestions, I would love them.

o

I'd but another table there. I think you want surface area at all seating places so that people have convenient places to set drinks, books, eyeglasses, whatever.

o

Here is an area rug on overstock. It is pretty taste specific but I can really see it in your space!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here